WHO IS DR. DEVIN J. STARLANYL, WHERE DOES SHE PRACTICE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Jun 6, 2003.

1. nje

nje New Member

I WOULD REALLY LIKE THIS DOCTOR, SHE HAS GOT IT DOWN TO A SCIENCE. GOSH I WOULD I COULD GO TO A DOCTOR LIKE HER. I LIVE IN SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA. MAYBE SOMEONE COULD SUGGEST SOMEONE LIKE HER THATS IN MY AREA TO ME. MY DOC. IS OK, BUT HE REALLY DOESN`T UNDERSTAND FM. I WANT ONE WHO DOES,SO I DON`T HAVE TO HEAR THIS LONG SPEECH ABOUT GETTING HOOKED ON PAINKILLERS,. AND BECOMING ADDICTIVE AND YADA, YADA ,YADA.SORRY ABOUT THAT,BUT I`M JUST TOO WORE OUT AND SICK SO MUCH, I DON`T EVEN HAvE THE EVERGY TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING. I`D APPRECIATE ANYBODYS HELP ON THIS. OH AND I HAD A GOOD RHEUMY ONE TIME BUT HE HAD SO MANY PATIENTS HE HAD TO TRIM HIS PATIENTS TO JUST ARTHRITIS AND OSTEOPOROSIS. OUT WENT THE FM SUFFERERS,HE SENT ME BACK TO MY REG. DOCTOR. I BEGGED HIM TO KEEP ME, LITERALLY BEGGED.BUT HE DID WHAT HE HAD TO DO, I GUESS. APPARENTLY FM SUFFERERS LIKE US DON`T HURT LIKE ARTHRITIS PEOPLE DO,SO WE TAKE A BACK SEAT TO ALL OTHER DISEASES,SIMPLY BECAUSE AS SOME OF YOU PUT IT.DOCTORS DON`T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY ENOUGH,LIKE THIS DR. STARLANYL DOES. WOW IT`D BE GOOD TO HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR FOR ONCE. TOO TIRED TO THINK ANYMORE,AND BE IN PAIN CONSTANTLY. AS A MATTEROF FACT, I`M SIGNING OFF AFTER THIS POST, EVERYTHING IS STARTING TO HURT AT ONE TIME. THANKS FOR READING MY POSTS,NJE
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Dr. Starlanyl had to close her practice due to her Fibromyalgia being so bad. She lives in Connecticutt. Her books on Fibro are the best ones out there, since she uses a Naturopath as her primary physician, and is open to both conventional and alternative medicine.
    I don't know of anyone in S. Carolina, but you can look at the co-cure good doc list on this site, or try Fibromyalgia Network at 1-800-853-2929, as they have extensive listings of docs who are recommended by patients.
    Klutzo

P.S. I would suggest you type your posts in normal case size if you can. Many of us have blurred vision as a symptom, and reading posts in all upper-case is difficult and painful. Thanks.
  3. JHG

JHG New Member

I have rheumatologist who practices in Myrtle Beach, Little River and Pawley's Island in SC. I don't know how close that is to you. I think this Dr. is good, but my pain dr. does most of my pain meds. I'm just beginning to learn much about fibromyalgia, so I'm sure when I go back I'll have many questions for the doctor.

Joyce
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Like a doctor like Devin????? Even me, who is anti-doctor would stand in a line to see someone like her for this FM!

Oh well, at least the lady wrote books for us, and they are just wonderful.

Maybe she could start a medical school just for people who would want to specialize in FM/CFS.

What a dream!

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2003]
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

her books are the best guides to FM. I'm particularly fond of her second book on FM, "The Fibromyalgia Advocate", because it is such a great primer on how to live day-to-day with this DD, how to deal with friends & relatives, bosses & co-workers, other doctors & society in general when you live with FM.

To bad there aren't more docs like her out there!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi,

I didn't know Devin lives in CT! That is where I am.
    Do you know where or who she uses as her
    naturopath. How did you find this info out?

Thanks,
    Lynn

PS I still have to find some info about PCOS
    in menopausal women. I know nothing
    about it. Have you visited the Soulcysters
    website. It is very informative.
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I'm pretty sure I read it in one of her books. Klutzo