Who is Feeling Lots Better and Getting Better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bretzie, Oct 1, 2008.

1. bretzie

bretzie Member

How many people are really seeing big improvements -- i.e., being able to go out daily, do some part time work, function at perhaps a 75% level,etc.

I think it would be good to know who made a big leap forward and how they are doing and what they took that they think made the improvement possible.

I feel like I'm drowing in various protocols and supplements to take, etc. Would love to hear from the improved folks.

2. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

I would like to know as well. It seems like there are so many different suggestions and protocols and supplements, and it all gets quite confusing...
  3. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I'm not 100%, nor do I think it is possible. But feel I am ready to attempt part-time work from not even being able to walk in the mornings a few months back. Heck, I think I thought about suicide on a daily basis a few months back ( but would NEVER do that to my young sons). First off, I am on Cymbalta (30mg) that has leveled my mood tremendously. No more depression and anxiety.

As for pain, ability to move, relief of much brain fog, and stamina, I have been following the protocol that 'kallsup' has posted on this messageboard. It basically has you cutting back in carbs (especially late in the day) and not eating anything after dinner so your body is put in a 'fasting mode' which will promote a deeper, stage 4 sleep- which helps body repair the little wears and tears from daily life. Since doing it, I rarely wake up during the night anymore, not even to pee!!! (used to pee 3-4 times a night). As for the supplements she suggests, they consist of vitamins/amino acids that promote the Kreb Cycle, the way the body converts food to energy.

I can honestly tell you, this protocol has been a miracle for me. Thinking it was just a coincidence I was feeling better, I went off the protocol for a day and "cheated" badly. I felt like complete CRAP the next day and it took me several hours to get moving.

I suggest you check it out. It won't burn a hole in your purse. I think evryone is different, as far as what may or may not work, so I can't guarantee it would work for you as it did me, but you never know;)

Good Luck!!!
  4. pasara

pasara New Member

you might also want to check out the thread highlighted at the top of the board entitled "what worked for me"
  5. frango2

frango2 New Member

Treating Lyme and doing Methylation.

6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

The only thing that I have found that makes me feel better and gives me some quality of life is warm, dry summers. That is the only time I feel great. P
  7. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Great question regarding the need to urinate during the night. I've been tested for diabetes, and do not have it. In recent years, I have been getting up and urinating often at night (just attributed it to getting older (I'm 35) and having children). I just happened to notice not having the need to go overnight when I stopped eating in the evening. I happened to do the research on it last week, wondering how that came to be.

I read that when the body is in fasting mode during deep sleep, the kidneys do not empty much urine into the bladder, but rather re-circulates it through the body. I guess that's nature's way of allowing for several hours of undisturbed sleep. Having FM, we have excess pyurverdic acid in our system and our bodies have a harder time getting into that 'fasting mode' (hence the stopping late eating). It is much easier for us to reach stage 4 sleep if our bodies are in fasting mode.

8. hensue

hensue New Member

I have never heard of it? Someone posted it own this thread just wondering.
  9. Catseye

Catseye Member

I have gone from bedridden to pretty functional. I can't work yet, because if I concentrate or read for too long, I get too tired. And I'm not sure if I could sit at a desk for 8 hours. But I can ride my bike and walk up stairs. I couldn't do that for years. I can lift heavy objects and run errands for hours.

I had to fight and claw my own way out of this. My what worked for me is very long and detailed, it's on page 3. If I knew then what I knew now, I would have gone with Dr. Farr and the stool test first thing. I probably could have saved a lot of damage to my kidneys and liver if I had.

I had to get a real health expert who can order the proper tests which show actual problems, not the normal doctor's tests we've all been wasting our time with. Dr. Farr can also make supplement recommendations based on the tests so it's not just general health advice. What is so funny is that almost every supplement I'm taking now I have taken before. But there were things preventing them from getting me this much better: my diet was wrong, I was taking the wrong dose, taking them at the wrong time and I was not able to digest anything properly.

Once I fixed all these things, I was able to improve more than I had been. I had seem to have plateaued before and still had severe post exertional malaise and I couldn't exercise more than just a tiny bit. Now I can do much more. It was gut dysbiosis and digestive problems holding me back. Now I'm on the right digestive supplements at the right times and it's all coming around.

One extremely unsettling revelation I made through all of this is that doctors do not treat the body's deficiencies of vitamins, minerals and metabolites. If they did, there would be far less chronic diseases, but it would cut drastically into their drug sales because we wouldn't need them. Most deficiencies are caused by gut dysbiosis and digestive problems. The guts includes the immune system, BTW.

I figured out most of my own problems, so it's not impossible. It's just time consuming, very difficult, and the fix takes lots of money and discipline. Do not depend on medical doctors for help, you need someone who understands the guts - digestive/immune system - and how its malfunctioning causes nutritional and metabolite deficiencies.

If you waste your time and money on doctors, you may receive a few drugs that may or may not help (ADs, hormones, painkillers), but you will not be fixing the problem and you will not get better. You can use a medical doctor to help relieve some symptoms, but you have to fix the guts, liver and immune system while you're doing it or you could be doing more damage. You need someone besides a medical doctor who has been properly trained. In some cases, you could make yourself worse by just using medical doctors and taking drugs. NSAIDs for example are hard on the liver, can cause intestinal and stomach problems. This is so bad because we already most likely have liver, intestinal and stomach problems.

best wishes