Who is in the medical profession here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sierrasioux, Jul 17, 2003.

1. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

Hi. I haven't been here long enough to be familiar with the names, but I have seen where madwolf is a PA and would love to know the names of everyone in the medical profession here that is so very supportive and helpful.
    Thank you
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

for 23 years, but always refer to your doctor/PCP for dianosis. Listening to recommendations is one thing, but you should always check with your doctor. dolsgirl
  3. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

thanks for answering---i was just curious because i have seen posts addressed to certain people-
    i think it is great how everyone here seems to really care about each other.
  4. endoangel

endoangel New Member

that you should always talk things over with your own doc. There is some great advice to be had here and wonderful support. Good Luck...
  5. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi sierrasioux:

I've only been posyting for about a month now, I am a Certified (MS) Addictions Therapist with certification in Psychopharmacology and a minor in Social work/mental Health.
    I have been working in the addicitons field for 15 years the last 5 with adolescents with MH/DA disorders. Hope this is helpful. I was diagnose with FM late last year, but suspected that I had it for quite some time. The members here are very helpful and supportive, however I check with my physician on many issues when I have a concern or question. Particularly with the meds and supplements. I get confused with this disorder so I always keep them informed. LOL

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2003]
  6. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I also refer to your doctor. A nurse can't diagnose/prescribe, and a person needs a full assessment before a plan or prescription can be given. If I've tried something or had experience with something, I will tell you the results.
  7. Jen F

Jen F New Member

why haven't I seen any of your names in my posts about benzo withdrawal?

do any of you know much about benzo dependence, withdrawal and tapering?

If so, Please help! I am having trouble finding medical proffesionals here to help me, unless I am prepared to wait 5 weeks.

Please comment.

Thanks.

Jen F
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We know they can't diagnose, but they can offer friendly advice, not the same but sure helpful when we need it!

Come on you health professionals, you can give friendly advice, an opinion no harm done, everyone here has a doctor or most do.

We all know that this is a 'family affair' and not a professional clinic.

Shalom, Shirl

9. JP

JP New Member

I see that you have received some responses. I am not a medical professional. However, I have a pre-med degree, worked in the field and have been involved in conducting cancer research for the AMA. A number of my friends are physicians as well. I have studied and participated in alternatives and western methods for over 23 years now. I have also been a licensed body worker for the past 23 years. Like the others, I am not a doctor and always check with your doctor regarding any medical advice you may receive on this board. Not that they know all, just that they have the license to practice medicine.

Thanks for asking...Jan
  10. merrybob

merrybob New Member

HEY GUYS IM KIND OF NEW TO THE BOARD, BUT I AM AN RN AND PARAMEDIC AND ALSO HAVE MY PRE-MED COURSES DONE SO I CAN GET INTO P.A. SCHOOL. GOT SICK JUST WHEN IT WAS TIME TO INTERVIEW FOR PA SCHOOLS. M BOB
  11. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

the Education Post topic. dolsgirl
  12. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

Hello---Did you mean this? I typed in education in the search and then read the post people telling their degrees they have received.
    I asked the question because I have seen posts addressed to certain people and I think that is great that these kind people take their time to share their opinions with others.
    Thank you to everyone responding. And yes, I would always check with my own doctors before I would want to try any new treatments on my own.
  13. sierrasioux

sierrasioux New Member

well, i just asked you that question and went back to the posts and the education post is up on top now--so I know exactly what you were talking about now. Thanks