Who is the biggest Cheapskate that you know and WHY

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Feb 25, 2007.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

They had that topic on AOL.....and responses were funny. I thought it would be fun here also.

I think a number one answer can easily be "Myself" and because I am feeling the pinch with economics being as it is.

I knew a man that got a suit, wore it for a family picture. His wife had been after him to get this picture with her and the children.
    He had tucked the price tags inside. He then took it back to the store for a refund.

2. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Sues1, It would have to be the never seen people at State Disability Offices.
  3. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Instead of buying bandaids for cuts he gets from being a mechanic he just reaches over and rips off a piece of duct tape . He says why buy bandaids when he already has duct tape....

I got to say I am also one I never buy anything other than food at regular price.. I go to all sales ...I can pinch blood out of that turnip.

One year the c-mas decorations I got after c-mas I got for 90% off of 90% off. I got many things for a penny. That year everyone I knew had c-mas decorations..
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Susan, I don't have any funny stories about pinching pennies except remembering my dad and his favorite slippers held together with duct tape. My kids thought that was awful but now I can understand it. They were comfortable and it's not like he wore them out of the house.

As I've gotten older I enjoy bargains and living more simply. After all, most of us have way too much of everything except time. If you think about what you'd save if you had a fire, you'd quickly see what's important.

I gotta say though, that wearing clothes and returning them isn't something I'd do.

5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My MIL buys the large dinner napkins (store brand of course) and cuts them into four napkins. She only uses one side at a time and then turns it over and uses the other side the next time.

But, she buys the expensive dry cat food for her 16 outside wild cats. She tells me they don't like the cheap kind! Come on! They would eat whatever she put out there. They live in the hay stack for goodness sake!

I'm so confused!!

Stop and smell the puppies!