Who is using EFT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lookingoutthewindow, Nov 18, 2007.

1. lookingoutthewindow

lookingoutthewindow New Member

I am reading the downloaded manual now. Is anyone using this? Are you having success? Has anyone ordered the videos? Just curious and want some feedback before diving into something new.

2. Febricula

Febricula New Member

I used it with 2 different therapists. It didn't help my emotional symptoms, so I can't imagine it would help physical ones. I also found it kind of humiliating and invalidating to be asked to tap myself and repeat nonsense, but that's just me.

I wouldn't recommend it.
  3. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

easier technique called the WHEE technique. It is on the EFT website under EFT COUSINS.

When I do it correctly and believe what I am telling myself, I feel a tremendous peace and calm afterword. Sort of like after meditation.

It has helped to make me stronger and more assertive. But, I only use it when I am desperate. If I used it everyday, I might overcome more emotional issues. I don't know about our physical problems, but it is worth a try.
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Could you please tell me what manual that is downloadable you are speaking of?
  5. lookingoutthewindow

Google EFT Manual and you will find it. I don't think I am allowed to put the specific site. Good Luck.
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

I have the manual and am studying the first course - the basics. I believe it has great potential in helping both physical and emotional sysmptoms. It is a worthy and valuable tool.

7. grace54

grace54 New Member

still trying to master it, I know it has helped many people.:)
  8. lookingoutthewindow

Thanks for the info. I am still reading. I will try it out.

9. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I find EFT really helps me, too. Instant relief, almost like self-hypnosis - I go to a quiet, calm place.

Have you tried it yet? Let us know what you think, I hope you find good things with it.

10. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I was thinking that the feeling you get from meditation & EFT sounds like the same feeling I get from self-hypnosis & EFT.

Do you think meditation is a form of self-hypnosis (and vice versa), with the same sort of action in your subconscious?

And maybe EFT is a quick way to tap into that calm, quiet place, using the mind/body connection.

11. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

You're back. I'm so glad.

Yes I think that meditation and hypnosis are similar. I have a spiritual take on it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. We all have to go with what makes sense to us.

But I think that within each of us is a perfect peace that is spiritual in essence. We can access this peace different ways: meditation, prayer, hyponosis, being in nature, etc. I think that when we feel this peace, we are in the process of seeing the true reality of things. Somehow, the goal may be to be able to keep this peace while going through the process of living our lives. At the very least, we know that it is always there and is available to us.

I hope that you are doing better Roseblossom.

12. Ginner

Ginner New Member

I hadn't seen this info. Thanks for the post. Plan to look it up.
  13. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Yes. Nicely said.

Peace to you, too, my friend.

14. lookingoutthewindow

I have started the manual. I stopped at the basic recipe. I will continue over the long weekend. This certainly can't hurt in any way. Thanks for the replies.

15. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Lookingoutthewindow,

My partner has gotten very interested in EFT. She has bought the relatively low-cost DVDs (I think around $70 a set for two sets of about 6-12 DVDs each).

She has been reading a lot on the ongoing feedback which she receives via e-mail, and has used it fairly extensively on herself with good results.

It would seem I would have jumped on the bandwagon by now, but am waiting until I can integrate things a little better. My partner, probably correctly, feels I could integrate better if I did some EFT.

Anyhow, I ran across the following information which has a reference to a woman with fibromyalgia getting good pain relief using EFT. I thought maybe others reading this may be interested in a little more perspective on EFT.

Regards, Wayne

Hi Everyone,

I will fill in the details below but first please read the following message sent to me by Janet Cole.

Hugs, Gary

Hi Gary,

The EFT is working just great for me, it is night 13 of falling asleep without the pain of the Invisible Chronic Illness (fibromyalgia) and this is a phenomenal record for me. Since 1991, the onset of this illness, I have not had two pain free nights in a row. The tapping has been done whether there is pain or not. Your inspiration at the Las Vegas Convention and our one on one consultation was just what the "doctor ordered." You are very much appreciated and a great big "Thank you."

With best wishes, I am

Janet Cole

GC COMMENT: I met Janet at the Las Vegas Conference. She came as a non-therapist attendee who was interested in learning the energy therapies for her personal use. During a free moment at the conference she asked me if I would spend time with her in a session. I consented and we went up to my room to do some EFT'ing.

She was in nearly constant pain from her fibromyalgia and had been tapping sporadically for her specific pains for 3 or 4 weeks prior to the conference. At best, she would get temporary relief for an hour or two. But then the pains would come back.

I chose to ignore the pains during our session because, to me, fibromyalgia (and most other physical ailments) are merely bodily manifestations (symptoms) of unresolved fear, trauma, rejection, anger, guilt and other emotional causes. Take care of the emotional causes and the physical symptoms tend to fade. That's my non-medical opinion, of course, and I have no way to prove it. Nonetheless, operating under this assumption, I have witnessed many significant physical reliefs (some were quite stunning) over the years. Many people are happy that I labor under this "unproven misperception."

So, in Janet's case, I asked her to pick out an intense emotional issue from her past. She picked one that was so intense that she rarely discussed it with anyone. She quickly went to a 10 and had body sensations at the mere thought of it. To apply EFT with minimal pain, I had her do the "narrate the movie" technique that I used in the "6 Days at the VA," videotape (part of our EFT Course).

We did a few rounds of EFT before she began her narration because just knowing she was going to verbalize the event caused her emotional intensity. I often do "beginning rounds" such as this to "take the edge off" of an intense issue. Typically, the beginning rounds start with something like, "Even though I'm anxious about telling this story...."

Eventually she was ready to narrate the story (as though it was a movie) and, as she did so, I had her stop whenever she came to any part of it that gave her emotional intensity. We stopped several times and tapped on the various issues that came up. As it turns out, we went through the story 2 or 3 times and each time we found different aspects--different pieces of the problem--that begged for individual tapping. It took 30 or 40 minutes, including restful conversation in between rounds, before she was able to tell the story with relative calm. Even then it wasn't perfect. There were still some aspects we didn't have time to cover (I had another appointment). However, it was substantially improved (near zero).

I don't recall checking her fibromyalgia symptoms at the end of our session but she left knowing substantial emotional headway had been made. She seemed much lighter.

So, when I received her message (above), I called her to learn some of the details. Here's what she said.

1. Our session "opened the door" for her and gave her the means and understanding to work on more of her underlying emotional issues. She is having some friends (who were also at the conference) help her as well.

2. As she worked on these issues, her fibromyalgia pains subsided. She is pain free all day and all night. Occasionally, she will wake up in the morning with a little stiffness but just "taps it away." She has some pain if she undergoes a massage because it involves pushing on her body. Under normal circumstances, however, she says, "I forgot what pain is about (her words)."

So what happened? How did all this pain relief come about without medicine, surgery or other conventional methods? To me (and to Janet) it seems quite obvious. We took aim at the underlying emotional causes and, as they left, so did the physical pain. Does this mean she is pain free forever? Who knows? Maybe she needs to tap persistently the rest of her life. Maybe not. Maybe she has many more emotional issues that are waiting to show up as pain in her body. Maybe not. These are things we don't know yet.

But whatever happens in the future, one thing is clear. Addressing Janet's emotional issues with EFT has given her a level of both emotional and physical relief that she has not experienced for many, many years. No drugs, injections or side effects, either. Here in EFT Land, this type of thing happens much too often to call it coincidence.

If you want to review more EFT case histories regarding pain just enter the word "pain" (without the quotation marks) in our web site search engine. You will then be presented with many articles on physical ailments and pain.

These results are beginning to get the attention of other healing institutions. Psychotherapists are making the main use of EFT for now but chiropractors, massage therapists and acupuncturists are coming right along. The sports performance field is just beginning with it and we have a glimmer of interest from the medical profession. We have a growing number of MD's using EFT. In fact, we've had more MD's come on board in the past 6 months than in the previous year and a half.

We are on the ground floor of a Healing High Rise.

Hugs & Love, Gary
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/02/2008</i>]
  16. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I use EFT and believe it has been very good. I also downloaded the manual, then printed it out and kept it as a notebook with me. I read it alot and do the exercises - also I read many articles on the web.

I also receive a EFT newletter. I think the biggest help was my mental attitude. I have changed 100%.

Before EFT I was pretty withdrawn - for some reason to tell myself the "even though" I have the many limitations due to fibro, I still love and accept myself.

They say as your continue to do the EFT exercises, it is like chopping weeds and letting in more and more light.

I never ordered DVD's or went to a special therapist because I had such good results myself. It is not that difficult and I have experienced almost miraculous results.

One problem we have is our loss of self esteem and also guilt because of the changes we experience due to this DD.

We feel bad because we are unable to be there for others, or take care of others like we used to do. I had alot of guilt and bad feelings I was able to get past with EFT.
  17. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I just wanted to bump this up for others who are interested.

I'm in the beginning phase of learning EFT.....I'm not yet through the entire manual. I've done the tapping only several times.

Over the past few years, I've seen others post how much EFT has helped them......I'm hoping to report the same!

For those who are interested, you can download the manual for free and go from there.

18. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

im not sure i see the whole concept of tapping random places all over my body really being the magical cure for my serious symptoms.. i gave it a shot though as skeptical as i was, and i really didn't notice any difference whatsoever.. and i did give it a try a few times, hopefully it helps other people out though, i just know it didn't do much for me
  19. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Hi! I've used EFT when very stressed about specific events I was dealing with and it did help greatly. So I'd recommend it for specific issues. However, there are aspects of this illness that seem purely physical...exercise intolerance being one of them. I have always loved to be outdoors and active -- gardening, hiking, canoeing, horse riding, camping, swimming, skiing...now, these activities cause me to crash, get so fatigued I'm in bed, and be in great pain -- EVEN THOUGH the activities themselves are the best way I know to relax and feel pleasure. So, there's more to this illness than emotional stress since things that relax me mentally cause me physical flares.
  20. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've had someone do it for me, and I've done it for myself. Some results were really amazing -- there was one session that I left and felt like I was walking about 6" off the ground -- I was that 'light' from getting rid of the emotional /physical trigger. I taught my son to do it as well, for his migraines and when he gets nervous in class before a test so that he can focus. There was one session where I ended up doing it for him (on myself, as a surrogate) because his migraine hurt too bad. He fell asleep right in the middle of it, slept for hours, and woke up headache free.

It doesn't solve every problem, but I was impressed.

I also like that the manual is free, and that the DVDs come with a release to make 99 copies free from copyright issues.
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 03/20/2008</i>]