Who is your favorite Christian Author/Speaker?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by webintrig, Nov 16, 2006.

1. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I am new in the God's Word. Praise God for his word!

I have been truly blessed to be lead to Beth Moore which I love but I was wondering who else is out there I need to know about?

So tell me who you like/love and why?

Praise the Lord for each and every "One" of "Them!"

I thank God for them and you and all your responses!

Love,
    webby

2. caffey

caffey New Member

Tommy Tenney
    John and Lisa Bevere
    Charles Stanley
    Cindy Jacobs
    James Robison
    Beth Moore
    Cath
  3. LOVED

LOVED New Member

There are so many great authors and speakers out there. But also so real questionable ones. As a new christian, you are wise to ask for direction.

I taught Precept by Kay Arthur for 16 years. She is rock solid. Great speaker and author. Incredible Bible studies.
    Just the Word and nothing but the Word.

I also love Beth Moore. So practical and down to earth.

Anything by Charles Stanley.
    Philip Yancy.

You really want someone who incorporates the whole Word of God and doesn't "camp" on one issue.

Good reading and listening.
    Welcome, sister in XP.

LOVED
  4. webintrig

webintrig New Member

for all the great speakers and authors you named!

I truly seek the Lord's word and wisdom.

I can understand about not reading as I am having a real hard time keeping up in my bible study now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My FM is doing crazy stuff to me as far as reading,memory,speaking out loud, spelling and getting letters turned around or missing, blurred vision and bless your heart tigress the cold...I have that same problem!
    Tigress

If your like me your hands and feet stay cold. Have you tried dipping your hands and or feet in pafaffin wax!

I just bought a Quick-heat Paraffin Bath at Walmart.It is made by Dr. Scholl's and I am going to try it...The Lord bless me with it..Praise him who provides and answers prayers.

I will keep you constantly in my prayers and on my prayer list! Sister get to feeling better soon! I am sending you a warm fluffie blanket fresh out of the dryer wish!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I also looked up today books on Beth Moore and Kay Arthur. Here are the books I found interesting:

1 Get out of that Pit!

2 Why Godly People Do Ungodly Things

3 Breaking Free

Kay Arthur had one I found interesting as well.

It was called,"Lord, I need Grace to make it today!

As far as books I think I will try and get the Bible Study books hopefully on these titles and wing it...the dvd's for the bible studies they come in pkgs. and it is way to much.

Other than that I will have to go to reader tape cass. and the radio.

It is great to see my sisters and brothers...just in case one answers this post {fellow brother{s} in christ} help steer me in the right direction.

I know I am on the right path and a wonderful, beautiful journey with you!

All my love,
    webby
  5. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I don't just have ONE favorite. As long as their message is sound in Gods word....

I am currently in a womens bible study at church where we are listening to Beth Moore on, BREAKING FREE: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life.

Some speakers I enjoy listening to are:
    Charles Stanley
    Chip Ingram
    Chuck Swindoll
    John McCarther
    David Jeramiah
    Ravi Zacariah
    Adrien Rogers(he has since passed away)
  6. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I have not stayed up this late in a long time. I am sorry Tigress I haven't answered your question yet on the other post.

It has taken me an hour of praying to get through my/the prayer list.

Lord knows I am not complaining here about that!

I had to start at 10 pm and I am usually a sleep by then.

The Lord was there with me while I was praying and heard every last word I prayed for everyone.

I know others were praying at this very same time as well.

Well I just had to come on here a tell you this and wish everyone a safe and peaceful night.

In Christ's love for you,
    webby

[This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  7. webintrig

webintrig New Member

For others to responed! Thank each of you for your responses! I will surely check them out!

Your sister in christ,
    webby
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

This is a great way to get some advice. I pray that your walk with the Lord becomes closer and sweeter every day.

I agree with many who have already posted. One speaker that I would not miss on Sunday night TV is

Joyce Meyer. She has written many, many books and I have several of them. She is a good practical speaker and usually an easy read.

Beth Moore is great also.

Love,
    Nancy
  9. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

I read quite a lot, so it's hard to pick a favorite author. But here are some books that I've really enjoyed and found beneficial.

Fiction
    1. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. (Really anything by Francine Rivers. Her books are amazing, but this one is beyond amazing.)

2. Yada Yada Prayer Group Series by Neta Jackson

3. Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur

4 Pretense by Lori Wick. But her other books are good too.

5. Safely Home and On the Edge of Eternity by Randy Alcorn

NON FICTION
    1. John MacArthur
    2. Kay Arthur
    3. Beth Moore
    4. Chip Ingram
    5. Shelia Walsh
    6. Phillip Yancey

There are many others, but that's a start.
  10. 143alan

143alan New Member

I enjoy...

Max Lucado
    David Jeremiah
    Joyce Meyer
    Joel Osteen

You may also want to check out websites that have daily devotionals. I love Joel Osteen site, it emails you a devotional and message every day. I also get a devotional from Crosswalk.com and use their study material. They have a lot of bible reference help.

God Bless You
    Nancy
  11. redhowdy222

redhowdy222 New Member

If you just type in Joyce Meyer Ministries videos, you can watch her preach on your computer. She is awesome and you can see her any time you want. I have really enjoyed watching her.
    Cyndee
  12. webintrig

webintrig New Member

for all the tips and places to go. You are truly spreading the Lord's messages and being a true sister or brethren in christ.
    I am so inspired by the wealth of information that you have given me and so happy you shared!
    Thank you for steering me the right way down this beautiful path and journey I am on! Keep on sharing!

In christ love for you always,
    webby
  13. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Here are two that I love to listen too. There are a couple more but for the life of me can't think what their names are!! LOL

Joyce Meyer
    Joel Osteen

Both of them just have a way to reach your heart and make sense to me.
    I like people that can keep it so real to you and that you can use it every day life.
    God Bless you all and pray you have a stress free day!!
    Cindy
  14. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I would have to say that I agree with most of the responses you have here on your favorite speaker or Author

I think my favorite is between Charles Stanley and Joyce Meyer. They are 2 very different speakers, but they are both amazing.

It is very neat to listen to Joyce talk about real life and use bible verses to help us to better understand what she has done with her life and how we can do the same things she has to better our life. Joyce came from a very difficult family life to a very loving husband and beautiful grown kids , she has worked very hard to get to where she is today, she really is such an inspiration.

Thanks for posting

kgangel
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Charles Stanley

David Jeremiah

They are my Sunday morning duo.

They have stood the test of time, and although both have had some terrible personal tragedies, they continue to trust God and proclaim His ways.

Others listed here are also great...but these two are my "pastors" right now. I am thankful for the advances in technology that make all these wonderful people available to us wherever we are.

Good post. Thanks starting it.

Sue