Who is your favorite comedian? Who makes you laugh?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Jun 13, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I can't help laughing any time I see John Cleese, the British comedian from MONTY PYTHON, A FISH CALLED WANDA, and the classic TV show, FAWLTY TOWERS. There is something about his humor that strikes a chord with me.

Who makes you laugh, either a comedian or someone you know personally?

Kholmes
  2. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

Bill Cosby is probably my all-time favorite. I like Tim Allen, too.

Some of Jeff Foxworthy's stuff (the material that isn't so raunchy) is pretty funny. But then, I grew up around a lot of rednecks. (I consider myself an honorary redneck.) ;-)

3. azbubba

azbubba New Member

I agree with John Cleese. Fawlty Towers is possibly the funniest sitcom of all time.

But the funniest thing I've EVER seen anywhere is when Robin Williams was a guest on the Dennis Miller show. They were so funny that if the program hadn't ended, I was going to turn off the TV. I was laughing so hard I was in pain...and that was BEFORE I had FM.

Bubba
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

I like Bill Engvall from Blue Collar Comedy (and no, I am not a redneck)

I also like Jack Black and Vince Vaughn, and another comedian I think with last name of Black, can't remember his first name
  5. tomcollins

tomcollins New Member

Eddie Izzard-hands down, is my all time favorite. I also like: Ellen Degeneras, Robin Williams, Brian Regan, Chalie Chaplin, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, Phil Hartman, and Lily Tomlin-but this list could go on and on.

[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2006]
  6. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I have to say the Blue Collar guys!!! I am also NOT a redneck, but these guys can make me laugh!!!
  7. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Ron White aka Tater Salad just kills me!!!

I also watch "Whose Line is it Anyway" (the one with Drew Carey hosting, not the british version - I do watch the british version too when I can cath it)2 shows every night before bed. I have yet to see anything that Wayne Brady cannot do. I figure if I end my day laughing, then no matter what else has happened or what pain the day has brought with it, if I go down laughing, then I've had a pretty good day.

I also love to check this board first thing in the morning, because there appear to be a lot of "budding" comedians on here also!!

Thanks guys. Comedy is my life and I thrive on it.
    And I'm not real sure (being from TN and all) but I might be a redneck.... just don't hold it against me.
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Jon Stewart cracks me up.

Come to think of it, I crack me up regularly too. It may be hysteria or it may be liking my own sense of humor but I'm enjoying it nevertheless.

Good thread.

Marta
  9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

More than one...

1 ~ Lewis Black

2 ~ Ron White

3 ~ Dane Cook

4 ~ Andrew Dice Clay (okay, showing my age now)

5 ~ Bob Nelson

6 ~ And the guy who sings limericks while playing the guitar, their filthy but very funny and this guy has more actual talent than anyone else, IMHO, why can't I think of his name???
  10. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

My current fave is Dane Cook.

I grew up with all of Bill Cosby's albums, which both my sister and I loved and played over and over again.

Margaret Cho

John Cleese and the rest of the Monty Python gang also.

"Fechez la vache"!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

11. kjfms

kjfms Member

Not in any certain order...

1. George Carlin
    2. Steven Wright
    3. Lenny Bruce
    4. Mel Brooks
    5. Carol Burnette
    6. Gilda Radner
    7. John Cleese
    8. Benny Hill
    9. Robin Williams
    10. Bob Newhart
    11. Lucille Ball
    12. Andrew "Dice" Clay
    13. Dave Barry
    14. LIL (live in love)
  12. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

The Blue Collar guys. Maybe I really am a redneck!

"If you let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the table, in front of her kids, You might be a redneck!!"

Does anyone watch the last comic standing? My fav so far is the guy with the wild hair and weird eyes. I think his name is Chris.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  13. windblade

windblade Active Member

in Fawlty Towers. Billy Crystal and Robin Williams are my favorite. They are so gifted!
  14. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

ANY movie with Mike Myers in it is sure to have me rolling on the floor!! He is just amazing! Loved him in "Austin Powers", "Shrek" (both) and "So, I Married an Ax Murderer"!!

Robin Williams and Jim Carrey are also great! But I'd have to say that Mike is my fave!
  15. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

George Carlin, Jackie Gleason, Lucille Ball, Abbott & Costello and John Candy. They really make me laff..

16. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I would have to say Chris Rock with Jackie Chan, they are to much when they are together. Also Will Smith.
    I am a blue blooded women and I love Blue Collar.
    Michelle
  17. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I guess it would have to be....

1) Bill Cosby

2) Lucille Ball

3) Abbott and Costello

4) Laurel and Hardy

and all the other old-timers.

God Bless.
  18. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I think he is hysterical!

Hugs,
    Faye
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

#1 Tim Conway #2 Colin Mochery #3 Brad Sherwood oh yeah and Jay Leno is up ther also! no one like Robin Williams!
  20. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Everytime I think of John Cleese falling over the garden gnome it makes me laugh.