Who is your Ins Co. for Medicare Part D ? I just got my Medicare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Feb 27, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Just got my Medicare card.It will start May 1 st.

Just wondering who you have for your Part D and if your satisfied with them.And if you don't mind how much it is and your co pay.

Boy this is hard to select one.

These are the Meds I'm on.

Cymbalta
    Ambien
    Neuontrin
    Evista
    Lovastatin
    Carisoprodol
    Oxcycodone
    Hydrocodone

Do they cover these???Or does it depend on what Ins. Co. you choose or what plan???

I also see a shrink who I love.He does not take any ins. I pay upfront right now and submit it to my ins. Co and they send me a check for 80% .I was wondering if Medicare does the same.I can not and will not loose this Doctor who has helped me so much.

Its so so sad that I no longer have the money to take care of myself and have to depend on others.I hate this.

Any help would be great.I am on the board reading it about 5 hrs a day so I will check in.TY in advance.

Do I make sense??? My brain uGGGGGGGGGGGGG .

Sue
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

If you go to the Social Security website there is a section for Medicare D. It has a plan finder where you can put in all of your medications and find out which plan will cover you best. After you figure out which plan works best for you, you can apply for it online and have enrollment in as little as a couple of days. I did mine about 2 weeks ago and already have my card. I'm in So Cal and went with Humana. None of the plans offered covered 100% of my prescription needs so I went with the one that covered the most and was the least expensive.

Good luck!
    Sincerely
    JL
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I helped my Mom to get the Medicare part D coverage going. I consulted an insurance agent. I gave him a list of her medicine, and he said that Humana would be the best company for her. So I signed her up.

We haven't tried to use the insurance yet. She hasn't even received a card or anything. I bet it takes forever.

She only pays $10 a month with a $250 deductible with a limit of $2,000 a year.

That's how we went about it.

Kinsie
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I think you should first look at the supplemental Medicare plans before trying to pick a Part D supplier. A supplemental plan will pay for most if not all of the costs not covered by Medicare for all health care, not just prescription drugs.

There are 2 types of supplemental plans: Medicare Advantage and Medigap. Medicare Advantage plans are usually the cheapest, some are free depending on where you live. The Medigap plans cost more. For example, I live in San Bernardino County, California, and signed up with Secure Horizons Medicare HMO - it costs me nothing each month, I have no co-pay at the doctor, but its prescription plan is not very good. But I like the medical coverage it gives me.

So if I were you, first find a supplemental plan that will cover your shrink, there may be a couple, and then from those plans, compare their costs and their prescription drug coverage.

You can find all this out on the Medicare.gov website. On the left-hand side of the home page, there is a list of menu choices. Place the cursor on "Plans" and a pop-up menu will appear, and then select "Medicare Advantage" and it will allow you to compare plans in your state.

Good luck --

Mary
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Healthnet Orange. He is supposed to have free, but they are charging $26,per month then $26 per pill. He used to get them free before via PAP. Plus after, we realised(true of them all)that they insist on generic. Medicare never mentioned that at the time. There is bipartisan bill right now to stop them being able to pull meds of their list of approved drugs at will, which I understand they all can do at three months or beyond right now. Hope this happens as that is scary.

They said they would sort out the mistakes at both Medicare and Helathnet but so far after six weeks, no change.

Well it at least is something. I do understand that Medicaid people get switch for free. You have to make sure your pharmacy is part of the plan you chose by the way, as some pharmacies will only take certain plans. He has Advantage.

This reply is not intended to have any political statement, just trying to help you find a provider. Love AC
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2006]
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I'm going to start my research now.Right now I pay 492.00 for Blue Cross BS .I have had them forever.

I have never had any problems with them paying..

I see 3 doctors a month and 2 others every 3 months.I am afraid that it will not be paid for.....I bet once I'm done the search what I have now may still be my best bet....

What is wrong with our system....Needs to be fixed soon ... Or we will all be in the streets.

Thank you all so much for the help.I will check out the plans you suggested.

Sue