Who likes the rock band Queen?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, May 3, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Check out the link below for a fun alternative to "We Are The Champions.",as adapted by Baby Queen.
    This should give you a few LOL's.

http://www.flowgo.com/index.cfm?action=view&id=4232&scid=0
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

That is just so wrong! It's an insult to Freddy Mercury and the rest of the guys.

Long Live Queen!!

budmickl

update: I didn't mean this hateful. I just love Queen and that song. I think the babies are spooky, that's all. I surely didn't mean to insult anyone! It'f funny, that's for sure!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2007]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Queen is Definetly One of my all time favorites! My Pc wouldn't let me bring up that link,, That happenes sometimes Don't know why,,,,Anyway is it a good (Fun Alternative) or a Bad one?,,,,,,,,,,,P.S. new Photo in my profile,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2007]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I've always been a huge Queen fan, right down to their more obscure early albums. Was surprised to see Queen, minus Freddie Mercury, of course, on American Idol last season.

That is definitely one of their more easily satirized songs. Have to agree that the babies were a bit creepy, though.

Thanks for the laugh, Paul.

Ken

5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

it's definitely a fun alternative,it's only surprising cos it's some animated babies singing their satirized version(thanks for that word Ken) of the song.
    BTW weren't they awesome at Live Aid,Wembley 1985.
    Hi sisland,excellent pic of a Bald Eagle in Glacier Park,you really are spoiled for choice when it comes to scenery & wildlife.
  6. amber7

amber7 New Member

your reply really made me laugh- especially the apology at the end- that was the depression speaking girl!

queen do rock!

amber x
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm off to You Tube to see if i can find a Queen Concert!lol,,,,,S,,,More scenery!
  8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Sydney,another great pic.You've definitely got the hang of posting pics now.
    Hi Linda,no wasn't at Wembley,but wish I was,but can still remember watching the concert all day on telly.Have a great weekend as well,hope you're pains aren't too bad.
    Paul.

9. sisland

sisland New Member

Paul
    If you get a chance there's alot of Queen Videos on youtube! one in Particular is called "Inuendo" It has alot of the (satirized) stuff in it,,,,,,,TTFN,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2007]
  10. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thanks for that,I did check out Youtube & there's literally thousands of Queen stuff.Started watching their clips of their Wembley Live-Aid appearance & ended up watching 5 or 6 videos.Thought Radio Ga-Ga was my fav but unsure now,it may be Bohemain Rhapsody,or maybe We Are The Champions,lol.
    They really were a mega band,with Freddie the top showman.

Check out this Live Aid clip of we Will Rock You & We Are The Champions.
    I'm awa' tae watch some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c03wQXRYJSo&mode=related&search=
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the Link! I've Been watching all their videos tooo! My Coffee Kicked in! I Really liked Bo.Rhap! and Radio Ga Ga! and We are the Champions and I Never realized How Talented Freddy Mercury Really was! And The One Lead Gutarist (sp) So Kool!!,,,,,,,S
  12. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Also listened to A Kind Of Magic & I Wanna Break Free,so many great songs,don't know what my fav Queen song is now,LOL.
    Used to listen to loads of their stuff in the 80's,but too be honest haven't listened for ages.
    Great to listen to their old songs again.Glad you're enjoying.
    The sun is out over here in the UK & we're listening to great music.What more can we wish for,lol?????????????
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

All Great Music! Thanks for Making my Day~!Sun, Music, and Like you I really havn't Listened to Their Music for along time! So this is wonderful!,

,When My Girls were Growing up we used to sing "We Are The Champions" all the Time! Especially when Driving some where! (Road TRip) Music that's how I Kept them Occupied! lollol Kept them from Causing Trouble!lol,,,

Hey I got a Craig Ferguson Joke for you,,,,,,,"There's a Law Comming out That say's That Dogs have to Where seat Belts now",,,,, And then He Said "Dogs Don't Drive Do They!" No of course not!lol I'm not rideing anywhere with the Dog Driving!" lolol.,,,,S
  14. paulmack

paulmack New Member

For telling me to check out You-tube,lol.
    I've just spent the entire afternoon checking out music vids on Youtube,but I've thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I remembered watching Pink Floyd & The Who on Live 8 last year & they were amazing so I've spent the last hour checking out their stuff on You-tube.
    If you like them check out these clips,brilliant:

Pink Floyd,Wish You Were Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7UtH147RQ

The Who(With Elton John),Pinball Wizard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHxpy7O004s

Loved the Craig Ferguson joke,quite a witty guy,lol.
    I'm just away to check your Blue Angels link.

15. sisland

sisland New Member

You Started this Thread!lolol! Just Kidding! Love Pink Floyd! Have you listened to Their "One of these Days?" and The Syd Barrett Memorial song "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" ,,,,,,,,,,,

I've Been hangin out Here all day too! It's alot of Fun! Hope your useing Full screen on your p.c. for all these (Free sort of Concerts!),,,,,,,,It's almost like Being There! Wish i was!!,,,,,,,,,,,S
  16. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Has anyone here heard or seen the Pink Floyd tribute band from Australia? I have seen them 3 times and they are unbelievable! They actually played for David Gilmour's 50th birthday.

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

Check it out!

budmickl

17. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That Aussie Pink Floyd tribute band sounds interesting. Do they cover Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd?

Paul and Sisland: It's amazing what's on Youtube. I watched the 70s "Bohemian Rhapsody" video and another old one of Queen doing "Don't Stop Me Now." No one could sing like Freddie, and Brian May has always been brilliant on the guitar.

Ken

18. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Sydney,I think I write this day off as a music day,LOL,just spent another hour on Youtube listening to those Floyd songs & others,but they are brilliant though.

Budmickl,thanks for the links to Aussie Floyd,have heard of them but never been to any of their gigs(bit jealous here,lol).Just checked out the link & listened to some of their covers,& sounding really good to me.Checked their tour dates & they're actually touring the UK at the moment.

Ken,there's some amazing stuff on You-tube,just not enough hours in the day to listen watch them all.
  19. budmickl

budmickl New Member

My tatoo! Not a very clear shot, but its fun!!!

budmickl
  20. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Is that the Pink Floyd pig????Love it.