Who lives in B.C.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, May 11, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

and which part and are you happy there? is rental of property high and how are the jobs there..I mean is it hard to find jobs there or not much companies lloking to hire??
    any help would be great.

Ann
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Hi. I've been living in B.C. for about 40 years, grew up in Saskatchewan. I love it here in southeastern B.C., Castlegar, to be exact, which is near Nelson and Trail. We get snow in the winter, which about 3 - 4 months of the year. I don't think it's that cold, but I grew up in Saskatchewan which is really cold in winter! The summers are great, and only occasionaly do we get humidity, but not like Ontario. There is work in this area if you have an education and/or a great resume. Just recently, I saw a news item on TV about how the Kamloops area is just screaming for workers, kind of like Alberta is. I believe it's drier and hotter there. If your sons are thinking of going into the trades, B.C. is the place to be, as is Alberta. Houses in my area are about $150,000 - 250,000 to buy. Rentals run from about $600.00 to about $1,000 per month, I believe. There is also a college here, as well as an airport with direct flights to Calgary and Vancouver. Hope this is helpful, and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Marie
  4. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

after living in Florida for the past three years. We hope to sell our house here and move to the Lower Mainland sometime this summer. I grew up in Kamloops, BC and think it is a great place to live. We spent our summers at the Shuswap Lakes and winters skiing on the local mountains...Todd and Lac La Jeune. There are lots of great fishing lakes all around Kamloops. BC's economy is booming right now. My husband, an engineer, has 4 job offers on his desk at the moment and is pouring over them trying to decide which one to accept. I hear they are crying for skilled labourers, teachers and nurses. Houses in the Lower Mailand are expensive. I hear that if you want to work up NORTH though, they are giving signing bonuses of $100,000 to sign on for a min. 5 years for some jobs!!!!!