who lives in California?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marielis, Jun 22, 2010.

1. marielis

marielis New Member

Hi, I am in Dr. Montoya list and am trying to have everything ready in case I am called to participate in his research.

I need information about where to stay in San Jose, would prefer a place with kitchen facilities. Due to Chemical Sensitivities can not stay in old places, does any one from San Jose know which extended stay places/hotels are newer? Also how is the traffic? How is the wheather?

Thank you for your help.

2. stschn

stschn New Member

It seems to me the San Jose is a long way from Stanford. Is it because it cost less there? We stay in Mountian view and have tried many, many, many! Still haven't found one we are happy with. This trip we are going with out reservations and checking out the room before we decide to stay.
    I'm thinking of calling the Chamber of commerce. I've tried looking one up on line and that was a mess.[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2010]
  3. marielis

marielis New Member

Thank you Stschn I am glad that you pointed out that San Jose is far from Stanford University I did not realize that. I read somewhere that there a few hotel across the street from the University, in Palo Alto. Will be checking that option.

JAN338 thank you, will be checking if there is a Hampton Inn in Palo Alto, close to the University. The SF traffic is very scary to me. I have never travel that far and I am quite ill. Hope that I can fly to San Jose and from there drive to Palo Alto.

I still hopeful that they are going to call me even when I contacted them about 12 days ago. I guess there are a lot of patients. Will let you know.