Who lives near or in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by breezy, Sep 14, 2002.

1. breezy

breezy New Member

Hello, seeking all that live in my vicinity. I live in Burlington Ontario, just outside or Toronto.
    From Breezy
  2. breezy

breezy New Member

Hello, seeking all that live in my vicinity. I live in Burlington Ontario, just outside or Toronto.
    From Breezy
  3. dorothyanne

dorothyanne New Member

Hi Breezy, I hope you've seen my other replies to your posts, both here and on the Chit Chat board. I live in Owen Sound, a small city northwest of Toronto. Owen Sound is suffering from a doctor shortage; I lost mine over a year ago, so am treating myself as best I can.

Hoping your post brings to light some more people living near us.

Soft HUGs, Dorothyanne
  4. *Isla*

*Isla* New Member

Hello to my fellow Canadians!
    It's good to hear from some others from Ontario. Even in a big city like Toronto it's difficult to find a good doctor. Thankfully, I had some excellent doctors at Sick Kids Hospital who were able to diagnose me. But I'm on the hunt for a regular doctor who is familiar with CFS and FM as I have both. So do post if you find someone in the area and if I find someone, I'll be sure to do the same.
    God bless and keep smilin'!!
    *Sonia*
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

are up there. My Grandma and others on my Mom's side live in Milton. Haven't been up since before 9-11- 2001.

Hope you all can get together? Sounds like fun.

Kim
  6. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi Ria! I live in Burlington. I'm not too far from St. catherines and N. Falls. Yes, we cross-border shop - at least once a month. I'm 46 yrs young and have 3 kids, 2 oldest away at school and the "baby" has just started high school. Would love to hear more about you. Please write!
    Hugs, Breezy
  7. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi dorothy anne - yes we've talked before. i love that area, especially southampton, sauble beach and port elgin. i do have a good friend who lives in owen sound too. i'm in burlington, inbetween oakvile and hamilton. please write and tell me about yourself!
  8. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi sassi2! Nice to meet yet another Canadian. How often do you visit TO? You must write and tell me all about yourself.
    Hugs,
    Breezy
  9. breezy

breezy New Member

Hello Sonia! I recently had an assessment done at Sunnybrook Womens Hospital. I live in Burlington, near Oakville. I go into Toronto a few times a year. To tell you the truth, I go across the border more often than going to T.O. Well, the shopping is interesting over there!
    Keep in touch!
    Breezy
  10. breezy

breezy New Member

Hi Kim. I live in Burlington - just 20 minutes or so away from Milton. Where are you living now?
    Breezy
  11. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I live in the GTA

I've gotta get a good regular doc too. Just lost my GP a few mths ago.

Every office recommended to me for dealing with CFS has its drawbacks...but at least they know something about CFS!

If anyone wants more detailed info on possible docs, you can email me, or call M.E. Ontario.

BTW, I hear that CP24 is doing another M.E. special call in show at the end of this month, Sept 30, i think.

Jen F
  12. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Pennsylvania. Ever shop at Brancier Jewlery at the Milton Mall? My Grandfather and Garndmother started the shop on Main street. My brother was up there a week ago.

Thank you for asking, Kim
  13. Toumai

Toumai New Member

Hi Breezy

As close as I can get without changing countries. Niagara Falls, New York here. I did live in St. Catherines for many years because my dad worked at the GM plant. All of my public school days were in St. Kits. Does that count? Still visit relatives in Grimsby, Cambridge and Oshawa. Would move back in a New York heartbeat! Funny how two countries so close can be so very different. Good to meet you.

lise
  14. breezy

breezy New Member

I've never shopped there but I don't shop in Milton anyway. I don't go that way very often. I will check it out in the phone book though. How long have you been living in the States? Which do you prefer - Canada or the US?
    Breezy
  15. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

up many times a year when younger. I missed seeing my Grandparents and cousins. I would vist my family for the summer when I was young. It was just the 4 of us here till we got married and had kids. Gee, which do I like best. Well, I must say I love both. I still am a Canadian but, will become a dual citizen when I get the courage up to take the test. I forget and when nerviuos my mind leaves me. I think of my self as a citizen of the upper two countries of North America.

Take care and again thatnk you for making me feel welcome, Kim

16. gabby2001

gabby2001 New Member

Hi there,First time posting. just noticed the post-anyone live near Toronto and thought I'd reply.
    I live in Kitchener, not far from To. at all.
    Today is my 55 birthday. I got this new computer a couple of months ago, with money that I had saved, but my hb. bought my monitor, which is very nice, he is taking me out for supper, I think to Montana's. There ribs are out of this world. Must go to work now, but I will post more later. Have a great day. Warm hugs to all

Blessings Gabby
  17. breezy

breezy New Member

I wonder why your name comes up like that - Gary & Kim? Do you both have FM? Or is it just you, Kim?
    I looked for your bio and couldn't find any info. Perhaps you can tell me a bit about yourself as I would love to get to know you better. Husband, kids, age, occupaton (if any) etc.?
    It sounds beautiful where you live. Do you live in a town or rural area?
    Keep in touch,
    Breezy!
  18. breezy

breezy New Member

it is so nice to meet you. I love the area where you live. How long have you had FM?
    Are you recieving any disability for it? What is your occupation?
    Would like to get to know you!
    Breezy!
  19. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

the other 3 older boys have symtoms and the 3 year old has a couple. I just pray they all don't the older boys 2 gary's biologicallly 25 and 21. M bio ones 21 and 19 and the 3 year old is an ours kid. We had his boys with us. I think of them as mine and mine he thinks of as his to. So we call them ours. It is beautiful here. I'll have to write more laterup late on the board and my hads are paying for it today. How about you?

Talk again later, Take care, Kim
  20. dorothyanne

dorothyanne New Member

Breezy, just for you I finally got around to updating my profile. I even posted my best picture. I thought it best to introduce myself to you via the profile, as I seem to have written verbal diarrhea, LOL!! In spite of what you read, I really am a very quiet, shy lady.

Would you please email me?

Soft HUGS, Dorothyanne