Who makes a good Gradual self tanner?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Anyone try the gradual tan dove or Jergens glow moisturizer lotion/self tanner?? How did they work? Better then the self tanners?
    Thanks
    rene
  2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I don't know this particular brand, but in the UK tinted moisturising lotions have hit the market and they are wonderful.

The Dove moisturiser which I've been using effects a 'sun kissed glow' after just 2 days application. For anyone who has problems with being out in the sun (I can't stand the heat and sun on the top of my head) it's a marvelous way to give the impression of lightly tanned healthy skin without the dangerous effects of the sun.

D
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I had recently bought some Tanning Towels.
    The first day I used them, it looked great, but was still very light.
    So I used them a 2nd day, and I ended up all Orangey, lol.

I had bought a different Tanning product, but hadn't tried it yet,'So yesterday, I used that, It took forever to dry, fet sticky all day.

By afternoon tho, it darkened just enough, so that I can go without Nylons, (Iam allergic to the material).
    I have a Reunion coming up, and I didn't want to be called, "Snow White", lol
    After all, I am a So. Ca Girl, but where the heck is our sun?

I think I might try thoes, Moisturesers, (sp) and see if it will keep the glow going, without having to use the other products as often.

Remember MAN TAN, lol, everybody was Orange, lol.
    Just be sure to wear gloves, when applying. lol

Hug's,
    sharonk
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]
  4. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I used the Jergens Natural Glow but it left me a little orange. I switched to the L'Oreal sublime glow and it is perfect, it also contains what looks like glitter but it isn't so when the sun hits your skin you have the most beatiful tan, I have had tons of complements. The lotions smell good for the first few hours after applying then the DHA smell starts to come out. I just apply a mild body spray and the smell is gone. They both left my legs very soft until I bathed the next night. I only use it 6 days a week. On Saturday I exfoliate and do not apply anything.

If you want more info on these go to sunless.com and select community, that's where I found the info on what to use.

Shannon
  5. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I have been using the jergans for light skin, and I have used it every day for 3 weeks now, and I look tan and not orange. I make sure I put my face moisturizer on my ankles and knees so too much don't absorb, but so far so good for me.
  6. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

Has anyone heard of a self tanner lotion that is fragrance free?I would love to use one,but all the ones I've seen in the store have perfume and I have environmental allergies.
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

works well for me. I use the light / medium and it looks pretty natural, and NOT orange .

I put it on after bathing each day , and I look like I have a healthy light tan.

I do not like the orange streaky lotions .
  8. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I used the Aveeno moisturizer with the gradual sunless tan. I am olive complexion so I tried the middle color but I think it worked too fast and too good. I wasn't orange exactly but my elbows were...I haven't tried it again but maybe I just bought too dark.

Over the years my complexion has lightened, but I used to tan to a golden bronze. Someone suggested that the sunless tanner interacted with my pigment and thus I tanned quickly. Who knows...but I do like the moisterizer...no smell at all!
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

I think I'll try the Dove. You get a bigger bottle. I had used the NO AD self tanner but they don't make it anymore!
    Thanks for the tips
    Rene
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I've been looking for just a bronzing lotion that doesn't have a self-tanner in it.

My skin is so pale (all the color is from bruises and varicose veins) that within hours of using even the palest tanners I am orange. Must have something to do with my skin tone.

Every thing I find that says bronzing also has self-tanner. Order some bronzer from Avon (my DD sells it) and will have it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it looks.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

I did get the dove and I really like it!
    rene
  12. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

They did one of those consumer tests on our TV tonight. The Dove won hands down.

Kathy.