Who Said That!

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Nov 8, 2017.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi GB

Didn't see your post till now. I don't remember what my post was about except I'm pretty sure
    it said number 69 was from Network. Lots of people said it. But Peter Finch said it first. He won
    the Oscar for Best Actor, but died before it was awarded.

73 TV Well! (I think we already had a different quote from this show.)
    74 TV Correctomundo.

75 He slimed me!
    76 I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble.

77 The nice Judge gave me a full pardon.
    78 Oh, no, John. I don't hate you. I just hate baseball.

Rock
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

73. Jack Benny

74. Fonzie, Happy Days

78. Katharine Hepburn?
    rockgor likes this.
  3. rockgor

Hi Kiddo

The first two are correctomundo.
    Kathrine Hepburn is on the list, but not for 78.

Are you fixing a turkey dinner? We're not doing anything special.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, was that a question or a movie quote? :)

For Thanksgiving we're getting a boneless turkey breast from Honey Baked Ham store and I made a pan of cornbread dressing. Going to make some turkey gravy next. We'll have pumpkin pie, broccoli, sweet potato casserole and cranberry-orange relish from Publix Market. I used to cook all of the dinner but not anymore. I'm doing well to do dressing and gravy these days. lol

We southerners like our big dinners.

I was sick with the flu last Thanksgiving and had that year long bladder infection the year before so I'm happy to be able to cook some this year.
    GB
    rockgor likes this.
  5. rockgor

GB, The question in question was a quote from a movie that has not yet been made. I
    understand it will be called Turkeys On A Plane and star the Russian sensation Yvette
    Plaisir and the Liechtenstein giant Atlas Aper.

Your dinner sounds davoon as my neighbor used to say. Good to know you're feeling
    better this year. Bon Appetit.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Rock, my appetit has been very bon lately. Putting the weight back on that I lost last year.

I hope that new movie will be a hit and not another 'turkey'. It will also star two 'saucy' new actresses, 'Sugar Plumm' and 'Heavenly Hashh'.

I won't 'mince' words, it sounds like a real 'mushy' affair. I really don't care 'beans' about seeing it but I hope it's a hit and makes lots of 'gravy' for the producers. They say it is a 'pie' in the sky endeavor.

GB
    rockgor likes this.
  7. rockgor

Land O Goshen! GB. A cascade of puns ala Mikie. A feast for the eye. A traffic jam of puns.
    Good to know you are regaining some weight. I hope you feel better too.

79 Here's a saucy exchange between two big stars. "Why don't you take off all your clothes?
    You could stop 40 cars." "I'll remember that when we need 40 cars."

80 Now, me, I wouldn't leave this town at noon for all the tea in China. No, sir, it's going to be
    quite a sight to see!

81 We don't need no stinking badges!

82 A boy's best friend is his mother.

83 First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear. I never explain anything.

Rock
  8. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Well I'm stumped! 82. Could be from an Andy Hardy movie but I don't know.

83. Don't know this one either but it could be any politician. :) Is 80. High Noon?
  9. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

84. I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!

85. We all go a little mad sometimes.

86. The next time I say lets go someplace like Bolivia, lets go someplace like Bolivia!

87. Wait a minute, wait a minute, you aint heard nothin' yet!

88. Fiddle de dee, Fiddle de dee.
  10. rockgor

Yup, 80 is High Noon. You figured it out.

82 is from a Horror movie.
    83 is from a Disney children's movie.

86 Istar?
    85 Dunno.

Rock
  11. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

85. Psycho

86. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Is #82 from Psycho also? Don't know #83.
  12. rockgor

Hi GB, Hope you're having a good day. It's quiet here. Pleasant weather. Just found
    a new tv crime show. Forensics and good detective work solved a 30 year old mystery
    in ten days.

No turkey dinner here, but Gordon picked a baker's dozen tomatoes which I am savoring.

Yes, 82 is from Psycho. 83 is a line spoken by Mary Poppins.

Am reading the autobiography of Stanley Kramer who produced-directed many movies
    such as High Noon, The Caine Mutiny, Judgment at Nuremberg, and Guess Who's Coming
    To Dinner.

Rock
  13. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

We had a very good Thanksgiving too. Relaxing, and good weather.
    I've been watching a new tv show recently. It's called This Is Us. About a very unusual family. Lots of good drama.

Had another extended family crisis yesterday. My grandson's wife's parents are both in the hospital. Her dad fell and cut himself out on the deck. He is on blood thinners so he couldn't stop the bleeding. Took him to the hospital in an ambulance. Then, her mom was so upset she had a heart attack. She had no previous heart issues so this was unexpected.

They had to call another ambulance for her. They're both doing fairly well tonight. He's in a regular room, she's still in ICU for now. I'm just thankful we're all doing as well as we are. Rough year so far. GB
    hangininthere likes this.
  14. rockgor

Yes, it has been a rough year medically for your family and relations. Last time I was in
    an ambulance the bill was $1500. Kinda like the duck balloon in Macy's parade. Comes
    with a really big bill.

Hope you DH and DD are doing well.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.