WHO SLEEPS TO MUCH?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly99, Aug 4, 2006.

1. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

Just wondering if anyone else loves to sleep. for sooooo many years I was a waker upper all night but still loved to stay in bed. Now I am on Trazadone and Methadone and sleeping soooooo much better, I still love staying in bed up to 9-10 hrs. I am a very vived dreamer they always become a memory to me, I love my dream world and I know as soon as my feet hit the floor Im hurting more than if i stayed in bed. anyone else remember their dreams.. sweet dreams to all:)zzzzzzzz
    Amy
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

On my days off I sleep at least 9 hours and then take a two hour nap in the afternoon.
    I am a vivid dreamer too! Think it may be due to meds we take.
    Time for bed, it's after 9 here in Detroit.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I sleep in excess of 10 hours, plus an afternoon nap. And I feel like I don't get near enough!

God Bless.
  4. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Sometimes, on a good night I will sleep when I put the baby down. 8pm -to 8am!! Plus,naps during the day. I am sure that is too much - but, hey I can barely keep my eyes open.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I do.

I sleep too much due to all of the meds that I take.

I go to bed about 2:00 am (it's 2:05 am now ... in the wee hours of the morning! LOL) and will sleep until noon tomorrow.

I like to watch a lot of TV in the evening and then get on the board, if I'm able, for a few hours.

It's really funny, I'm now going to bed just a few hours before I used to have to get up in the morning when I used to work!!! I used to have to get UP at 4:30 am. to get ready for work and leave home by 6:15 am!!!

When I retired, I said no more going to bed at 11:00 pm and getting up at 4:30 am!!! I never, ever, got enough sleep while I worked and always walked around like a zoombie!!!

Now, everyone just yells at me, or makes "smart" remarks, about me sleeping until noon every day!!! LOL

Janet
  6. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I often sleep too much, however, no matter how long I sleep I still wake up feeling like I haven't slept in days. I can sleep 5 hours, 8 hours or 12 hours and it all feels the same to me. It usually takes me at least 2 to 3 hours after waking up in the morning to start feeling more alive. And then by late afternoon I begin to crash again. I guess that's all part of the CFIDS though.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  7. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I sleep for about 9 hours then i have a sleep in the afternoon for a couple of hours.
    My doctor told me to have a sleep in the afternoon.
    I asked him first & he said you will find that you need a sleep in the afternoon.
    ME makes me so tired & FMS & OSTEOARTHRITIS wear me down & trying to cope with all that pain really takes its toll.
    Fibrolady37.
  8. Daisys

Daisys Member

Those of you who sleep long hours and wake unrefreshed, why not have a sleep study done?

It could be the alpha wave intrusion on your deep sleep that's causing you to be sleep deprived. Turns out we never get the healing deep wave sleep. The light, 'almost awake' alpha waves keep interrupting it.

In studies, if normal people are shaken every time they enter into deep sleep, they develop FM symptoms!
  9. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

before the meds I would hardly get two hours sleep due to pain and restless legs, now I usually sleep 11 hours a night. I really dont like to sleep that much but my body gives me no choice before I got sick I would never sleep til noon, I always had my agenda of things to do, now I go by my body and it sucks...
    I love dreaming too.,.... I do prefer my dreams to reality sometimes...
    Blessings,
    Iggy
  10. See my username? It's the only time I am pain free, unless a pain wakes me up. If I don't have a nap durring the daytime, I am out come 5pm!

Love,

Sickandtiredalways34
  11. jake123

jake123 New Member

I asked my psychiatrist about it and he said that if I felt like I needed to go back to bed to go for it! Because it is recharging my immune system but to be sure I am not sleeping all day and staying up all night. I usually sleep two hours if I go back to bed in the morning.
    My headache doctor said to ALWAYS follow the same sleep schedule to avoid any headaches. Well, school starts tomorrow and I won't get to go back to bed in am but I sure can get a pm nap.
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Trazadone is the only thing that works for me.Even with that, I get up a couple of times a night.Linda
  13. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

The only thing that I never had much of a problem with was sleeping. I just sleep way too much and I just want to keep right on sleeping but now I hurt too bad to stay in bed! I still sleep for about 10 hours, my kids are sleepers too thank goodness! Going thru the newborn months almost did me in waking up every few hours...I was sooo sleepy. I always figued that was a part of my depression because I would rather sleep, and especially now I don't feel too happy to get up in the morning because it's always the same thing pain, tiredness, foggy brain...and I guess looking around at the house that I dont have the energy to clean or fix up the way that I would like doesn't help either! If it wasn't or the little ones I would be in a worse state of mind.

Love,
    Kelly
  14. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

a lot of times, I have difficulty getting to sleep. So, when I can sleep, I sleep as much as I can . . . and I love the dreams, too.
    Mags
  15. blondie54

blondie54 New Member

Hi Butterfly 99, I love my sleep too. Seems like I am always tired, and a reclining position is all that helps, besides meds of course. I have very vivid dreams also and try to remember the good ones, I guess for me it is a time of peace and sometimes unlimited activities that my body in a dream state can do. I am new to this site, but it looks great so glad I found it. I have Systemic Lupus too, so it's hard to know at times just what is causing the problems. Look forward to talking more, but sitting here has gotten a bit too much, gonna go lay down! At least for a few minutes, is that terrible or what?
    Blondie54
  16. ellie-b

ellie-b New Member

I can sleep for days when I am in a flare up, then I feel guilty, lazy and good for nothing. My dr told me I need sleep and if I get just 1 thing done in the day feel it is a good day. And that seems to be the direction of my life. I'm not satasified with it but can't seem to find anything that will help me out of this hole.... just don't beat yourself for sleeping too much you need it. ellie-b
  17. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

that she sleeps 12 hours and then keeps falling asleep during the day. She has had sleep studies done but nothing showed up, checked for narcolepsy, not. Since not being able to sleep seems to be the most prevalent problem I was wondering if anyone else with FM had the too-much-sleep problem. So I was glad to find this thread. I don't know that it will help her any to know she is not the only one but I'll pass it on to her.