*******Who uses GABA or amino acids as painkillers?******

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm pretty sure I've seen people post some use GABA and certain amino acids like phenylananine. So could you tell me what you use, what dose, and what results you get from using them please?

Jeanne

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I use GABA for sleep. Usually take 500mg right at bedtime and sometimes if I'm still not getting to sleep I'll take 1000mg. It works really well along with Tryptophan 1000mg and 1mg melatonin for getting a good nights sleep.

I don't take phenylanine but I do take L-Tyrosine. 500mg and sometimes 1000mg in the morning, helps keep the thyroid working well and is stimulating. Also it helps for the winter blues - SAD.

3. Jeanne-in-Canada

thanks for the info.

Still polling to see who uses them as painkillers? I'm sure I've seen people post of this. I'm thinking of ordering some before Friday is over.

Jeanne
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

5. Jeanne-in-Canada

6. HAPPYDOGSUZ7777

HAPPYDOGSUZ7777 New Member

Aloha, Let me first say, Prayer and exercise is #1
    I have been using 5htp to withdrawl off of cymbalta
    I am also trying to take only one pain med a day instead of 2 so I started to take gaba for that well Im off the cymbalta now! day 5 and hoping to be totally off the prescription pain med soon!
    It all seems to be working! Oh and I do use L-glutamine and creatine when I'm working out.Oh and I also take amino complete by NOW hope this helps, Suzanne<><