Who was treated for Mycoplasma longterm?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karinaxx, Apr 4, 2006.

1. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

I know that Mikie had alongterm treatment, but i like to hear from others and their experience.
    I tested positive for Mycoplasma Pn. and planing to go for a longterm treatm. with Doxicyclin.
    Any advise ?
    karina
  2. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

3. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Karina,
    I also tested positive for mycoplasma pneumoniae (and echovirus, and lyme disease).

I don't know what to say about longterm treatment at this time. I started treatment for lyme in December. I'm on a number of supplements, immune modulators, T3/T4.

I believe that what I'm taking for the lyme disease also treats the mycoplasma. Actually, I can't believe that I haven't asked. But here's what I'm taking:

Azithromycin (I couldn't tolerate the doxycyclin)
    Nystatin and probiotics (for the candida)
    Artemisinin
    Boluoke (Lumbrokinase) for the hypercoagulation
    Cumanda
    Burbur
    Samento

I will be on the ABX (oral) a minimum of 6 months. Then we'll reassess. Even if, and that's a big IF, I can stop the ABX at that time, I will continue with the Samento, and I believe also the Burbur and Cumanda for as long as needed.

I have been so focused on the lyme disease, getting my insurance to pay for the ABX, setting up a schedule, and coping with herxing, that I haven't looked into the mycoplasma enough. Now you've got me thinking! Thanks!

Hope all goes well for you with your treatment. Take care.
    Hopeful4

5. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I forgot to mention the good news. I tested negative for mycoplasma pneumoniae on my most recent lab work.
  6. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

hopefull and stormysky.
    As far as I read in Dr.Nicholsons research papers, the treatment for Borrelia and Mycoplasma is very much the same.
    Stormysky, i think the herbal way is a good way and i do think there is a lot to consider when it comes to a long term Antibiotica treatment.
    But some how i feel that in the enviroment i live my Immunesystem has too much to deal with. With every secundary infection the Mycoplsama has a chance to flare up again and i think that just happens to much here in India. I strongly believe that cfids is indeed a Immune Disorder, (including clusters of autoimmune stuff) and Mycoplasma and all the other viruses and bacteria are just oportunistic bugs, but MCP are, like Borellia, realy heavy , difficult and tricky species and therefore for an deranged Immunesystem impossible to deal with completely.I just have a feeling that Immune modulators and diet is not enough.
    I don`t think i would choose to cure AIDS with just Diet, immune modulators and so on. Mycoplasma is same prevalent in AIDS patients, as in Gulfvet.,as in CFIDS!
    These are just thoughts going through my mind and I dont know for sure.
    Again, i think looking at the personal Situation and my History...it is pushing me into taking the other road. Though,my recent good results with herbes and diet has put a big question mark on the treatment with ABX.
    But i was again not well for the last two weeks and it looked that i am crashing again.
    I am just too long up and down; a brake would be very welcome.
    Love karina