Who wears Pajamas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Sep 11, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I always have just worn and old T-shirt with some of those plaid pants. Well, I was shopping the other day and found the most comfy PJ's.

I need to make sure what I wear is lightweight because I got hot very easily ever since I had my hysterectomy.

So, the question is PJ's or not (and I don't mean being naked). LOL
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

depending on my mood....I do like PJ's.....especially the cute flannel colorful funny kind....rubber duckies....flamingos...

Sexy!!! HA HA...but comfy
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yep, I wear jammies usually summer or winter. Nightgowns end up around my neck and DH likes to sleep with the fan on above our bed. So, I like to stay warm. Flannel is good in the winter although it usually do not get too horribly cold in TX but cold enough for me.

I have some night shirts that I do wear once in awhile. However, they to end up around my neck and I get chilly (-: !!

[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2008]
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I have IBS and if I wear anything with elestaic (sp?)
    around the waist, it cause's me pain and bloats me.

I have to get them a certain length tho, or they end up around my neck by morning, lol.

They have to be extra soft too.
    my, but I am so picky about things, lol, have to be with these dd's.

Do you wear the Silk kind at all, the Satain makes me sweat the instant I put anything on that is made from it.

in the old days, naked was the best tho, lol
  5. Juloo

Juloo Member

My preferred sleeping situation is a very, very cold room, and snuggling under piles of fluffy blankets. That's actually rather rare (I live in Florida), but we have flannel sheets for 'winter'. In that case, I have a couple of sets of satin pj tops and loose pants -- heaven! (P.S. My husband got me these for a Christmas present from PajamaGram -- a very thoughtful gift for a wife with CFS!)

For summer (the other 10 months of the year), I must wear pjs. There are times when it's too hot (even with AC) to sleep with a sheet, and I like to be covered (feeling the AC and/or fan blowing on my bare legs wakes me up). Target used to have these ultra-light very thin cotton pj pants. Those and a soft, thin cotton t-shirt make a great summer pj set. I have several sets like this -- I'd be happy if I could wear these everywhere!
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

Oh lord,..
    I'm in my jammies day and night.
    the only thing that clues me in on what time of day it is,is if its light out or dark outside.

mostly I wear t's and flannel or soft fleece bottoms.

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

but often take bottoms off to sleep......I got hooked on pjs a couple of years back as many days I dont get dressed.

I used to make do with old tshirts etc. but now I buy proper pjs and nice ones at that.....they have to have stretch though.

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

And I make my own so they fit right...Cute cottons for summer and flannels for winter.

I also live in mine...at least they're cute though!

9. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Tee shirts and lose fitting bottoms which I take off to go to bed. In the winter it's long johns and sweats around the house, and the long johns I sleep in. Keep the heat at 55 degrees during the night so long johns keep me warn.

Although with the cost of heating going up, I may have to set the heat at 50 degrees....Gonna be a cold one for sure...
  10. pasara

pasara New Member

I have these old men's plaid flannel pajama bottoms that I find very cozy. I noticed that the more stressed I am the more likely I am to seek out the flannel.

Believe it or not I even talked to me therapist about it!! LOL!! She was helping me with PTSD and once asked me what makes me feel very comfortable and secure that I can wrap up in when I have bad anxiety. I said how I liked to wear these ratty old men's pajamas, and mentioned how I felt very unsexy in them though and was a little embarrassed to wear them around my husband who teases me about them. She told me to ignore that and wear the pajamas.

I didn't really think much of it at the time, but I did start wearing my jammies unapologetically, and it did actual help.

That was a couple years ago. I had forgotten about it, but recently the stress/anxiety level was high and I found myself reaching for the jammies without thinking about it.

As a matter of fact, guess what I'm wearing right now...??!
  11. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I feel too confined with the pj bottoms, with the elastic.

I wear the heavy pullover thing for a housecoat with a bunny picture in front, it reminds me of the Kathy cartoon..LOL
  12. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

I usually wear a t-shirt and soft shorts to bed in the winter and if it really gets cold, mens flannel bottoms (they feel softer than womens).
    In the summer I found this material that's not silk or stainen, I don't know what its called but I love it, it's a nightgown or you can get capri like bottoms and a little top that goes with it. I go for comfort with a little style.
    But when I'm sick with the flu or cold its cotton all the way!
  13. poets

poets Member

I sleep in an old cotton Beatles T-shirt turned wrong side out. That and nothing else. Very comfortable.

14. sisland

sisland New Member

I just bought a pair of flannel Pj's at a yard sale yesterday,,,they are really nice!,,,,so i'll be wearing them this Fall and winter!,,,,,otherwise a T shirt!,,,lolo!,,,Sis
  15. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I wear pretty pjs day and night. Usually soft cotton ones, but sometimes pretty silk ones. I love pjs, they are the best things on the planet!

16. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I wear a tee shirt and shorts with elestic at the waist, even in the winter as I get so hot at night. At least it helps the heating bill.

If I am out, it is the first thing I put on. Oops, I misstated that I do have a comfortable elastic waist and loose PJ bottoms that I wear around the house when it is cooler. But not to bed.

Edited as I spelled waist as waste.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2008]