Who Will Leave Dancing With The Stars Tonight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't help it but I do enjoy this show.

I never knew Cristi Yamaguchi (sp?) had a club foot as a young child. What a disability to overcome to go on to be an ice skating champion.

I don't know about all y'all (Southern plural form of "y'all :) but when I see someone overcome great odds, it gives me hope for us that we can find a way to enjoy our lives, despite our disabling illnesses. Most of us were active before we got sick. I pray for the day we have a cure and can get back to doing the things we love to do.

An old flame and I took ballroom dancing lessons about ten years ago. It was really fun but it's really hard to do it like the pros. I'm not even talking about the fancy stuff; the basic steps and body form are very difficult to put all together. I really admire the contestants.

Love, Mikie
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

That's so neat that you took Ballroom Dancing! I grew up with the cowboy dancing like they did last night (Without the flips!),,,,,,,lolol,,,,,I'm sad to say that i think Marly will go home tonight,,,,,but will have to wait and see
    She and Kristi have overcome the physical odds!,,,They are all so Beautiful and Talented!,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That's cool that you learned how to dance like they were doing in the Cowboy group dance last night. As a young kid, I took tap and ballet lessons but have never really been a good dancer. I've always been athletic and a jockette but that doesn't necessarily translate to dance. I loved the foxtrot last night. It was so classic and graceful, like the old Fred Astaire movies.

I have watched some of the pros compete on TV in ballroom dancing. Their bodies are incredible. They definitely have to be athletic and graceful at the same time.

Love, Mikie
  4. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I would love to take ballroom dancing. My family gave me many dancing lessons at the family weddings and stuff. I learned from my uncles and my mom. But there's so much I do not know, and so much more I could learn, or wish to learn, but I won't be able to. Not with this beat up body. But I do dance, and even fly in my dreams. At least I have my dreams to keep me experiencing things which I cannot.

Sounds like fun to take up lessons! Yes, it is a lot harder than they make it look. I love Christi Yamaguchi, and not because she overcame her condition, because I did not know this. Thanks for telling me. What I loved her for is her enormous pride and grace in which she skated. She was so fun to watch, and always so positive. She will always be my favorite ice skater.