Who with CFS has pain issues???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, May 5, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

If you do does that mean you have FM and CFS?

My diagnosis is FM but my aunt's dx is CFS and my fatigue started long before my all-over pain. Although, I did have severe headaches and sensory overload issues back then.

Now, I still experience fatigue but the pain is the dominant problem.

Could I have CFS with pain issues or maybe CFS and FM?

Can anyone relate or give some input?

Thanks,

Sofi
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

The CFS just makes me feel like I'm drained all of the time. The FM makes me hurt all over including a deep ache in my arms and legs that actually feels like my bones are hurting and the CMP (chronic myofascial pain) causes hard knots in the muscles of my upper back. That has been the major source of my pain for the longest, but the FM is killing me right now. I'm having a flare a the moment. I've had the migraines, neck pain, back pain, hip pain, you name it, it's hurt at some point or the other. I've just recently learned to put them all together. I've had this for years and have just now found out what was causing it all. I don't actually know enough to tell you whether the CFS is causing the pain, but from what I've read, it's not uncommon at all to have them both.
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Do you think the CFS might have progressed into the fibro?

Sofi
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

From what I've read, I think that the general opinion is that most people usually end up with both. I don't know if the CFS actually perpetuates the FM, or if the FM is actually predominant. My own personal experience is that I've had FM for about 6 to 8 years now and am just now being diagnosed with it. Everything that I've seen the doc for all that time can be traced back to FM. I've had migraines, chronic bladder infections, knots in my back with the muscle never relaxing, stiff neck, facial pain (my jaws) and I'm really not qualified to answer you, but my "OPINION" is that you may have had the FM already and just not realized it or been diagnosed yet.
  5. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have CFIDS. I do get pain, but it's USUALLY only when I'm running a low-grade fever. I get that flu-like feeling, where you're muscles and joints ache. However, when the weather is bad, my legs get extremely achy, or if I've been really overdoing it. I work at a hospital, so normally by the time I get home my legs are hurting majorly. But for me, the fatigue is and has always been the major issue. Hope this helps,

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I have CF(EBV) and deal with extreme fatigue for many years. I have a high pain talerance and have delt with FM pain ect... for years but the FM got worse after my first surgery at 50. A HG diet has helped lower my pain level.(Dr. Paul Amand's HD diet) I've been sick many years with off and on relapes. The Guai Protocol I started 3/8/2006 is helping with the "brain Fog" but my pain is much worse, my fatigue is still extreme.
    Hope this makes sense to you.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I was having more pain, then realized that I'd run out of the Glucosamine with MSM I'd been taking daily and hadn't replaced it. At least I'm going to resume the supplement before I consider FM in addition to this awwwwwwwful CFS....... Fingers crossed.

Marta