Who would I give my PAIN to for a day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

The post was getting so long that I started a new page.
    I would give it to my Husband , daughter, and make the pain so bad that they would need to take Narcoitic Pain pills for a while so that they would understand that this is really that painfull.

Also to Tom Cruise, Oprah, and Star JOnes, and those that I hear tell that all people who take narcotics pain meds are addicted to them , I want them to feel what aI feel in lives and we hear are suffering from fatique , exhustion, terriable pain , no sleep.

I don't want to be mean but I would like to be able to give this to those who just blow it off as "YOU REALLY CAN'T HURT THAT BAD ALL THE TIME" And it would be 24/7 for aboaut a month or more. I want someone to really understand that while my doctor says I don't have fibro I do have Chronic Meyofascitis and it flares too and I am in one now.

I am tired of people telling me that I will feel better when or if I lose weight, exerice more and eat better, And the more of the exercise I do the more pain I feel. I want family and friends to GET THIS and to reallly come to understand that just because I have had pain all my life that I am sick now and it is so painful that moving some days is almost impossiable for me to do.

Rosemarie
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I would never want to wish this pain that I have upon anyone. It is a never ending nightmare. But there is one exception, I would love for these doctors that tell us to "deal with it" or to just take tylenol, to experinence the pain for just a little while so they would understand how horrific it is, and maybe become more sympathetic. Perhaps them they will reaaize that we need alot more than just tylenol, which to me works as good as baby aslprin.

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

But I would wish it on my boss - just to walk in my shoes for a day to understand that when I call off it is because I have no other choice. He makes comments on me being a Hypochrondriac (sp) and maybe he wouldn't be so quick to judge any more!
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I would give it to EVERY member of the Environmental Protection Agency and EVERY person in a decision making position or stock holder for a Chemical Company. They are evil and I believe the cause of all our misery. But one day? No WAY! They get a month at minimum, maybe even 6. [This Message was Edited on 06/30/2006]
  5. I would give it to half of all the drs. for a month just to see what we deal with so they will look into this dd alot faster and look for the cause/cure.
  6. ladyblueeyes

ladyblueeyes New Member

i would give it to my rhumy that says she dont believe in treating pain and let her live in pain for 24 hrs and then she will change her mind about treating pain.. and to some of my family that dont understand the pain iam in all the time then maybe they will understand it more. and i realy dont want to wish this on any one no matter what but some people have to have pain like we do then they will understand what we are going thru and dealing with

hugs and love
    connie
  7. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Thats a good one Getfit,

My boss gives me a hard time when I have doctors appointments. She doesnt understand FM or care to!

Stephanie
  8. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

While I said that I wanted a few people to have fibro, it is not that I want it forever. Just enough for them to understand that what this painful syndrome is.

I want them and the doctors that we have and have had to get a taste of how we feel each and every day of our lives. I just want them to know that when they are complaining that people/doctors should not be given narcitic pain meds, for any thing other than cancer patients. I want those who are making laws to get it that we who suffer in pain are not just makeing this up and it is not in our heads. This is real and it is real for me as well.
    I get up in the morning in pain and all day long I am in pain. I go for walks as I get told that if I would just lose weight and eat more healthy I would not need the narcotic pain pills.
    I myself have found that Nsaids don't work for me, as does untram and other NON- steriodal antiflamitoris don't do a thing to relieve my pain. And most of them such as Ultram are to be taken just as the pain is beginning not when it is full blown and your sreaming in pain. {This is from the reps that push this kind of medications}

I am sorry if I upset any one by saying who I wish could have this for a short while as I would not wish this on the person I dislike the most. I just want the people who make the laws and the ones who think that they "KNOW IT ALL AND TELL US THIS ALL THE TIME , THIS IS NOT SICENITFIC"
    There are so many people who tell me adn that I have listened to who all believe that we who take narcitic pain meds are automatically addictied to them and always will be. And that our pain is not BAD ,painfull, and what ever else has been said that we do not need nor require narcotic pain pills for our pain.
    May be a two week dose of fibro could assist them in the knowledge that our pain is real and not in our heads.
    But don't get me wrong I don't want any one else to have to live like I do each day in pain with this DD.
    I am sorry if I upset any one by my statements.
    Rosemarie