Whoever is praying for snow please stop

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I think as of dinner time the snow has stopped, now we are headed for frigid weather in the single digits.

Good Morning America weather people were here earlier in the week, but they hi tailed it out. Even the local tv channels are not willing to go on some roads less traveled.

At the moment measurements are starting to get to the media. Our lake is a place where 3 towns converge, and there are places around the lake with 3 different mailing addresses.

At the moment the leader of the three, (Altmar, Orwell and Redfield) is Orwell, with TEN FEET. People in ranch style homes are buried from the ground up, and almost equal amounts of snow on roofs.

Just picture white wherever you look. This is central New York. And to think we need air conditioning in the summer! tsk tsk I intend to delete the song "Let It Snow" from all my piano material! You have to laugh and smile at the weather. Funny part is if you went to the mall looking for a new pair of boots or a winter hat, all you find is bathing suits and sandals. Insanity reigns .
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

There is a snow owl from Anarctica that has been seen around our area now for several days. With this sub zero and frigid temps we have been experiencing I think it feels right at home. Enough is enough. I am ready for SPRING.

Can anyone spell daffodils. (Of course they started coming up in January. LOL)

Hang in there.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I was thinking of you when I saw the pictures on CNN of the ten feet of snow in NY state and wondering if that was anywhere near you. I have never seen so much snow that has fallen in such a short length of time!

I hope that you can hunker down until the big snow and terrible cold snap are over. Are you still able to use your hot tub cathedral?

Love, Pepper
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Hot tub cathedral each morning at some point! I put my terry robe in the dryer to heat it before going out in the garage. Getting out is funny as where I dripped on the steps the day before has turned to ice cubes. It is easier to move quickly than it is to bother with flops or slippers on that lovely icy cement. One day last week the garage temp was 18 and I expect that the next few days will be again or worse.

I imagine you think is the cold worth it? I have to say the answer is yes, aiming the jets at muscle knots keeps me mobile.

Just glad there are no hidden cameras, I would be labled "icicle butt" on America's Funniest Videos.
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

You are so funny!!! The mental picture you paint` icicle butt indeed! LOL

We could actually use a little snow here in MN, we are way below are average, however the temps have been in the double below zero and cabin fever is setting in with my boys.

Hugs and blessings,
    Misty
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

you just painted is hilarious, Asa, aka "icicle butt"!

I do know how much the hot tub helps with the pain but ours is outside. We keep it going in the winter but I have to be feeling very brave to use it. The hot tub is just outside the laundry room door so putting my robe in the dryer before going out is a great idea! I am going to try it next time I am feeling brave.

Picture this, Asa. Me and my DH sitting in the hot tub with ear muffs on! The wind blows out there and it blows the steam from the hot tub right into our ears so we have to protect them. It looks very funny.

Love, Pepper
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Ear muffs!! Cute, very cute. When we got the hot tub I was disappointed that the old boy wouldn't cough up money for a small sun room to put it in. He said no, the garage is fine. Well, not as good as a special sun room with vents, but better than outside. The benefits are no sun, bugs, rain, snow, ice, or peering eyes etc.

I am ready to go in now but husband is in the driveway snow blowing again and the garage doors are up.

Good thing I am invisible. Gnanny and I have discussed at length how we feel invisible in a group of people. Gray hair, no make up, jeans that I may not be able to get the zipper up, socks and crocs. tee hee... only time I am not invisible is when in Home Depot and I swear they put out an "old lady" alert saying helpless , invisible, old lady in aisle four, get rid of her! I could have used at least three of you last week after my black jeans had been laundered. Somebody shrunk them! Or possibly the extra pounds? Anyway being alone I stood with a pair of pliers trying to push in the fat and pull up the zip. Nah, it didn't work, wore them half the day stretching them before I got the zipper halfway. tee hee.... Since then I have washed/dryed them again and have them at the bottom of the pile of things not to wear.

Smile. I am.
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

I hate snow with a passion. We don't have any snow just freezing cold. I watch the news and turn up my heating pad. An hr. north of me has had like 4 ft. of snow since last weekend. Curl up with your fav. hot drink and turn on one of those exotic travel channels. Be careful when you go out.
    Cath
  9. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dearest ASA

You are so funny, to think we would be praying for Snow!! And all those politicians can think about is Global Warming!! LOl!!!

I too live in the lovely Snowy State of NY. I live in the Western part now, but I lived in Syracuse and learned what it really meant to have snow. You guys in the North always even got more then Syracuse did too.

You will be in my prayers that this slows down and that nicer warmer weather will be here soon

God Bless you

Kgangel
  10. fromnz

fromnz Guest

The temp outside today is quite cool at a mild 78 farenheit! It has been raining but a warm wind is blowing & the cicadas (do you know what they are?) are chirping away merrily in the trees. When they are in full song you know the fine weather is here, they go quiet when it is stormy.
    The weather has been a lot hotter, yesterday it was 26 celcius, I'm not sure what that was in farenheit though, but has been hotter than that lately. (Today is a degree lower).
    So all you who are snowed in hop on a plane & fly to sunny New Zealand!! (I have never had snow but have been up the mountains to see it!!)
    Cheers,
    Linda.
  11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I looked at the website pictures you sent. Truly amazing. I don't know how in the world people get all that snow off their roofs. You can't exactly take a snow blower up there can you?

I loved the pics of the cute dogs. I am sure the kids and the skiers are loving it and everyone else NOT.

Thanks for sharing those. You will probably have piles of snow well into June. Where will all that water go??????

Glad OM is there for you to snowblow while you are enjoying that hottub. Yes, I hope the neighbors don't venture over while the garage doors are up. LOL

Love,
    Nancy