Whole Body Muscle Spasms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, Mar 8, 2007.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

is this really common with fibro? It feels like painful rls but all over my body. Last night I couldn't even sit or lay down, I just walked around my house for two hours. I felt like I had no control over all of these twitches and body movements. It hurt so bad. I have muscle relaxers and that did nothing. If anyone has this, what do you take. Can't take it anymore. I take Requip for rls but it doesn't help anything above the waist.
  2. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

I too have nights like this, thankfully not every night. My body is constantly tight, painful and twitching all over.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this, I'll bet there are many others too.

Take Care,
    Tracy
  3. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

I take the following before i go to bed,
    evail100mg,flexril10mg,victon650 mg,lyrica 150mg,
  4. lookingoutthewindow

lookingoutthewindow New Member

I tried Requip and it didn't help me. The Neurologist said it wasn't RLS. I have been on 20mg/day of Zanaflex. The doctors are taking me off this because I sprained my back and lost posture muscle tone. My GP said these major muscle twitches are part of RLS (I have them in my thighs, butt and shoulders, my body spasms and I wake myself at night).I started taking Mirapex last week. I will let you know how it works. It will take a while because I am weaning off Zanaflex. You are not alone. I bet you feel crazy sometimes like myself.
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have only been on the board for a couple of weeks and I haven't seen much on muscle spasms so I appreciate everyones help. Lookingoutthewindow, yes let me know how your new medication works. It does make you crazy. My dr. gave me some stronger muscle relaxer and it has helped more then anything has. I just hope it goes away soon. Thanks
  6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

7. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Magnesium citrate is helpful, make sure you get magnesium that has no calcium...sometimes they slip in some calcium in the filler.

As far as herbs, I find Passion Flower very helpful for calming the muscles and getting better sleep. Other helpfuls are California Poppy, SkullCap, St Johns Wort.

Get anything out of your life that might be causing you stress and pain.