Whole leg Pain(both sides)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sorry, I'm new to this, and forgot last time, to actually post a topic, instead posted my name! Trying to get feedback from others who experience more severe pain in the legs, in addition to the widespread pain. Pain seems worse actually when lying down, though there always. Looking for tips, what works etc. Although both sides, the pain generally settles to the left leg, had tests to rule out other causes. Any advice? Cromwell ps Hope you all did OK at Christmas.
  2. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I had extreme leg pain when I was still trying to work at Walmart. Got so bad that I couldn't walk to the bathroom! Felt like my legs were all bound up and burning PAIN! My dr and family treated me like I was making it up! Hasn't gotton that bad since I quit working over a year ago. Depression is worse since not working though!
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thanks Rosalyia for your reply-I feel, too, that dr's think it is "all in the mind"-I know you quit work, but did you take any meds that helped at all? I am sorry you feel down now you are not working and hope this too will pass. Cromwell
  4. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

I have also experienced leg pain. I have had this DD for 2 years, and the past few weeks has been a flare with the leg pain. My pain is burning in both legs, behind the knee area, and my legs feel tight. I have just been taking naproxen 500mg , 2x a day. I cant take any really strong pain meds because they knock me out and I work full time. I suggest stretching they legs for a few minutes several times a day, and at night I have my fiance` massage my legs. Some others suggested a hot bath, but the hot water makes my legs feel heavier and tighter.
  5. darude

darude New Member

Both legs pain all the way thru. Feels like muscles bones tendons everything!!!! Can't stand or walk for long!
  6. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

Cromwell nothing I took at the time helped (narcitics) I laid in bed and cried most of the time!Are you workimg?
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just had a Christmas letter from a distant relative who just had an article published in the New Yorker re her research called regional pain syndrome (also known as causalgia) this may be a big breakthrough for FM people - I am trying to obtain a copy to paste to boards. Apparently, she has found that our pain may start as a localized partial injury to a peripharel nerve, which then, later, reproduces itself throughout the body, causing chronic pain.National Inst. of Health seem interested in this new research. I hope to be in direct touch with her.

Thanks for replies to all, I do find massage and heat helps, but like some of you, pain killers tend to just upset my stomach and not address the pain. Cromwell
  8. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

My fibro first symptom was heavy and achy legs. I worked long hours walking on concrete floors. I first thought I was getting the flu because it was going around at work. After three weeks of thinking I had the flu. I started aching all over and the chronic fatigue set in. I have been dealing with this disease for a year and several months and still my main complaint is my legs. I bought my house in May before the fibro. I loved it because it had stairs in the entry way leading up to the second story... I fell in love the moment we walked thru the door but.........I fell down those beautiful stairs in July.. In Sept is when I started having serious leg pain..
    The only advice I could give is flexeril muscle relaxers. I take them at night just to be able to sleep. Also, I use heating pads and blankets to ease the pain. I hope you feel better.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  9. darude

darude New Member

for GMOM
  10. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I have diabetes and was on neurontin for years for pheriphial neuropathy, pain and weakness in the legs, I had neck surgery last year and my doc decided to take me off of it for some reason. My diabetes doc put me right back on it because the pain was so bad. It felt better when I stood up! It felt worse when I sit down and laid down. I am also on klonipin because of restless leg syndrome that happens when you are trying to rest or just kick back. It kept me from sleeping and the klonipin helped put me right to sleep. Sissy
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

Leg pain? You bet. Especially at night. Bone deep and muscles, from the knee to the ankle. It reminds me of the so-called growing pains I had when I was a kid. I used to beg for the hot water bottle, but my mom never believed me. My left leg hurt more than the right, and that is still the case.

Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to soak in a tub of hot water. Heat helps.
  12. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I have leg pains all the time. It feels like someone is stabbing me. Both legs hurt but the right one seems worse. I am right handed so maybe that's why. Elevating them helps alot. I have one of those wedges that I prop under my legs. You should try it.

PIRT
  13. Braingonebad

Braingonebad New Member

wow - sounds like mine. Started the day after xmas, at night. Whole legs, worse in the left, nothing helped.

No way I could stand, much less walk, while it was at its worst.

Only diff is I have a neck injury, SM and possible MS, so I had no idea what to blame it on.
  14. darude

darude New Member

for green bean
  15. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cromwell:
    The same problem is with me also. Like you: I do not have a clue what to do about it. I get relief at night by taking 50mg. of Benadryl. It seems to work for me. I do not take it during the day because it makes me feel tired.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan