Whole Life Insurance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betsy2, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I don't know where to go for help. I recently tried to purchase a whole life insurance policy but was turned down because of the information I provided about my health. I have high blood pressure but it is controlled and I have never been hospitalized for it. Of course, I have Fibro and CFS along with other co-existing conditions but they aren't life threatening that I am aware of. I thought that this particular insurance company accepted everyone regardless of their health. I guess not. Any suggestions.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can try term insurance. Different companies have different levels of underwriting. I would contact a broker who can look at different companies.

Underwriters will always deny coverage for certain conditions, but it's usually a combination of things which gets people denied. If one has high blood pressure and is overweight, it is worse than just having one of these conditions.

Also, you need to look at the purpose for the insurance. If you are just trying to insure yourself for a large amount to help support minor children in case anything happens to you, term insurance (which is really like leasing a car instead of buying one) may be your best bet. On the other hand, if you are looking for a policy to take care of final expenses, whole life is better. Talk this over with someone with financial planning experience. Life insurance is just one little part of the whole picture.

Love, Mikie