Whole Lotta Postin' Goin' On

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Oct 2, 2008.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Just amended my profile. Was stunned to see I've had 2806 posts. How is that possible?!

Let's see. I've been here a tad over 3 years so 3 times something divided by something else...let me get that solar calculator.

You know, I'm so old I remember when pocket calculators were new. If you've read this story before, just skip it.

But how will I know until I read it?
    I dunno. That's what people say all the time. If you don't like a post, don't read it.

Anyway my boss grabbed me and said, "Com'on." So we went to downtown LA to a little store, and he bought a Texas Instrument pocket calculator for $100.

We took it back to the office and people were stunned. There had never been anything like it before. It was practically magic.

And a few years later they were down to ten bucks apiece. And a few years after that an attorney gave me his business card. It had a pocket calculator built in!

Anyway, the machine and I have calculated that to reach 2800 posts I had to post 9.6 posts per month. Well, that can't be right. Much too low.

OK, doing it the other way, I got 2.5 messages per day. Still way too low.

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. Nice of ProHealth to let us do all this posting though.

So remember, Boys and Girls. To be a success in life, practice your math or master the pocket calculator. The choice is yours!

Oh, as is frequently the case, I left out an important point. The year of this seminal event was ca. 197l. The year of "Me and Bobby McGee"; All in the Family; and "Love Story".

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2008]
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I think I will stick to the ole calculator; math is definelty not one of my strong points.

Thanks for the laugh again Rocko

Mickey aka Petunia
  3. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

All those posts that may have been deleted. I just looked and you have quiet a few removed posts :) you should tack on a few hundred more :)
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hundreds of deleted posts?! Wow! News to me.

Hey! Can you find the long post I wrote about visiting on the porch. Fall of 85. Should be just before Volume 1, the first porch post.

It was the impetus that led to the porch threads. I saved it on my computer due to its highly historic nature, but it got deleted when the computer crashed and burned.

Are all the kinks being wrung outta the new board?

Ha det bra

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2008]