Whooo Hooo!! I got it!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilac123, Oct 31, 2005.

1. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hi Every "Body",

Hope this fines everyone resonably well. I just wanted to post some good news. I was approved for my SSD without having to go to a hearing! I worked with a man at my Congressman's office. He said last week the Senior Attorneys at the ALJ Hearings office had made a recommendation to the judge. Well, low and behold my hubby brought in the mail Sat. and was grinning ear to ear when he handed me a big envelope from them. The judge made a fully favorable decision based on the information he had. I had written letters to my congressman along with a letter from my Mom. She lives in AZ and me in IL. We hadn't seen each other since my dd. and she wrote about the total differences in me when she came for a visit. He mentioned the consistency and sencerity of these letters in his decision along with the medical evidence. I would recommend doing this if you are at the stage of waiting for a hearing. Now, what to do with the Lawyer I hired who didn't do one single thing but will get 25% of my back pay? I wrote him and am hoping he is going to be fair about this. Not necessarly about the money but the principal of it. I never even met with him but only talked once on the phone and he said well if you are working with (this guy from congressmans office) he is the one who can help you.

Sorry so long of a post, just wanted to share some good news and hope for others. Don't give up, be sincere and firm and have faith. I know now that this was all part of God's plan. The power of prayer is unbelievable. My grams had made a donation to a lady minister we watch and they called her to say thanks and asked if they could pray about anything and she told them to pray for my situation. Well, it was just a few days later this all came about. Hmmmmm! About this time I was sitting in the Doc's office waiting for my appt. and I had this real peacefull feeling wash over me. Praise and Thanks of gratitude!!

Good Day to All!
    Lil
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am very happy for you.

I also got mine.

Less stress in your life now.

Sue
  3. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

It is great to hear good news for a change. Celebrate but don't overdo and pay for it later remember.
    Stinker56
  4. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Love to read this kind of encouraging news. I'm currently trying to get Adult Dependent SSD for my CFS daughter.

Unfortunately, you've probably signed a contract with the lawyer and he will get his take even if he didn't do a thing.

A good friend of mine went and got a lawyer, came home from his office and found her award letter in the mail.........well........guess what, he took his 25% even though they met only once and he didn't do a thing to get her SSD.

best wishes,,,,,,a victory for one is a victory for all of us. foxglove
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it makes all the difference when you're believed.

love
    Rosie
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so glad...so many horror stories and yours is a happy ending. So glad for you.

Sue
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So happy for the outcome...Glad you have one less thing to worry about...

Enjoy the freedom of not having to deal with the SSA...

I stopped working last October and applied for SSDI...I am waiting on the hearing date and letting my lawyer take care of everything...

Hope your lawyer doesn't stick it to you, especially if it were just an agreement over the phone, if you signed an agreement you may be liable, but like you said, hoping he is a man of principles, he will charge you a nominal fee...

Congrats and enjoy your hard earned money, spend it wisely...teehee

~Alicia
  8. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I am just starting to go through the process. I have not been able to work since the first of this year. I was wondering if it is better to use Allsup or hire an attorney at this point. I don't feel I am equipped to handle all of this by myself. Have any of you used Allsup? I need suggestions. I am a nervous wreck because I know the majority of folks are denied the first time, and I have been without income for a while.

Thanks and congrats!
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

did you sign papers agreeing to represent you and how much he/she would get ect...?

don't worry ssd has to approve everything first before they are paid...

just now hope the money gets to you soon!

wiating for mine to finally get settled. i heard on the 1800# that i was ruled fully favorably. and by my congressman's rep...then i call back few weeks later and they said mine got pulled for a random review, so i am praying it does not get overturned...

jodie
  10. cilli

cilli New Member

So Happy for you, it is great to hear happy endings, I am now in the process of gathering all info to send to alj hearing judicator, he said get it there before the hearing date and he could possibly give me a favorable decision w/out hearing. Sound to good to be true but at least hearing is this month!

Again love and prayers are with all of us and very, very, very happy for you!!

Cilli
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

Great news!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Your situation is one of the reasons why they suggest that you DON'T NEED to get a lawyer UNTIL you have been turned down the first time.

I got SSDI on my first attempt WITHOUT a lawyer.

My sister had been turned down twice and when she told me that she was going to get a lawyer to try for her third time, I told her to let me help her. I did. She got it on the third try!! I did what you did--I wrote to her congressmen, her senators, and to the governor pleading her case.

You do most of the work for your lawyer, he stalls and stalls trying to keep the case going on for as long as possible so that his 25% of the back pay will be more, etc. I vote for trying it without a lawyer first!!!!!