WHOOPS: SORRY I ACCIDENTALLY DUPLICATED A SIMILAR POLL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hartogold, Dec 18, 2005.

1. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Hi dear friends;
    I was just sitting here reading the board and crying. Not just from the pain of FMS and OA, but the pain of my torn rotator cuff which will require surgery in the next month, the pain of my knee which will require surgery soon after that, and the pain of the two hernias that will require surgery after that.

Sometimes it's so overwhelming that I just stare at the words of all of my dear friends here and cry for all of us.

My pain level has not been below a 6 in the last three months despite being on 100mg Fentanyl patches and taking 8-10 percocet daily. The doctors have tried everything.

I average 3-4 hours per night in sleep too so needless to say I get a little emotional at times...and yes...I've been known to through a few good pity parties.

I watched one of my favorite movies "The Sound Of Music" last night, and I decided to post this message for all of us and I hope you'll all participate. Maybe it'll take our minds off our our pain for just a few minutes.

So..the question is...WHAT ARE A FEW OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS THAT TAKE YOUR MIND OFF OF YOUR PAIN, MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD, OR THINGS THAT YOU'RE GREATFUL FOR.

So here's a few of MY favorite things...I can't wait to see yours. I know we all have more than 10..but just list the first ones that come to mind.

1. My husband Al and cat SweetP
    2. My friends
    3. Feel-good movies like "It's a Wonderful Life","Forrest Gump", and "Mary Poppins"
    4. The beauty and splendor of Mother Nature
    5. Photographing flowers and having other enjoy my work (see my albums on Webshots.com, my user name is hartogold).
    6. Getting a good massage (which is rare)
    7. Being a homeowner for the first time in my life at 52
    8. Looking at our Christmas tree
    9. Knowing that somebody up there loves me unconditionally
    10. A pain level of 5 or below (which is very rare)

See...I just stopped thinking about my pain for a few minutes and actually brought a smile to my face. I can't wait to see your posts!
    Bless you all and lots of hugs (hey they make me smile too!)
    Sandy

[This Message was Edited on 12/18/2005]
  2. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Hi Eileen;
    Thanks for your cudo's! That put a BIG smile on my face. Do display your pics anywhere online? I'd love to see them.

All of the pics I take are with a digital cameral. Most of them with the Kodak EasyShare.

It's my hubby that's the expert on buying cameras or any technical equipment. He's been a computer tech for over 25 years and keeps up on all the current "toys". He's the one who gave me the camera. I had never been into photography until that. It's such a joy to share the world as I see it through my eyes and heart.

I got an early Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago from him. A new Canon S215 which does everything but the dishes! lol It's going to take awhile for me to learn how to use it...frankly it's a little intimidating, but I will. He is really good at finding great product at great prices. He is a self-employed cumputer tech now and does websites for businesses too.

If you would like to email me your email address, I can have him help you. He loves doing stuff like that...he's the shopper in the family.

My email is [edited as per rules].

Talk with you soon!
    Sandy
  3. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Thanks! I enjoyed your message. I love getting to know my friends here. And you could have put 1,000 if you wanted! lol
    Hugs,
    Sandy
  4. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Thanks Nanjee!
    I'd be grateful if I could learn to spell grateful right!! lol
    Sandy