whooshing sound please read for kady and jeannedenna ..and others too.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amilyne, Dec 15, 2002.

1. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi kady and others ,i was just curious if you get "really" bad headaches with this?...when my doc was trying to figure out what my headaches were from he thought it may have been "pseudotumor cerebri"(pseudo meaning fake tumor)this also somewhat mimics a brain tumor--its basically increased cerebral spinal fluid in your skull and increases your spinal pressures in your head...i read alot about this and the whooshing sound is a big factor in this..biggest being the headaches and another factor is getting floaters in your vision and losing your peripherel vision,eventually for some going blind...the increased fluid in the skull basically cuts off your optic nerves in your eyes...the way that they find out is to check your eyes and see if there is swelling of the optic nerves, the other way is to have a lumbar puncture to measure your csf, then theyll put you on duiretics like the kind they would use for glaucoma ...just my two cents when i read this and you said you experienced headaches with the swooshing sound...alot of thier symtoms remind me of fm symtoms..another strange disease.
    well thats all
    --ami

[This Message was Edited on 12/15/2002]
  2. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi kady and others ,i was just curious if you get "really" bad headaches with this?...when my doc was trying to figure out what my headaches were from he thought it may have been "pseudotumor cerebri"(pseudo meaning fake tumor)this also somewhat mimics a brain tumor--its basically increased cerebral spinal fluid in your skull and increases your spinal pressures in your head...i read alot about this and the whooshing sound is a big factor in this..biggest being the headaches and another factor is getting floaters in your vision and losing your peripherel vision,eventually for some going blind...the increased fluid in the skull basically cuts off your optic nerves in your eyes...the way that they find out is to check your eyes and see if there is swelling of the optic nerves, the other way is to have a lumbar puncture to measure your csf, then theyll put you on duiretics like the kind they would use for glaucoma ...just my two cents when i read this and you said you experienced headaches with the swooshing sound...alot of thier symtoms remind me of fm symtoms..another strange disease.
    well thats all
    --ami

[This Message was Edited on 12/15/2002]
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I, too, was spoken to about this by a doc about eight years ago and, at the time, I had no insurance or any way to pay for expensive tests, so I declined his offer to prescribe these tests. This sound tends to be a precursor to severe headaches in the lower part of the back of my head. I have nausea and vomiting and visual disturbances associated with these h/a's. I have never mentioned it to the doc I have seen for the past six years. I just handle it by myself when it happens and go on....I have SO many health issues that I cannot possibly see the doc about them all, you know? I think that my career as a nurse made me afraid to be a constant complainer, because I am afraid of being labeled as such and, therefore, treated as such by my doctors. The docs I do see know that when I schedule an appointment, I AM REALLY SICK! I assumed these were vascular headaches associated with my hypertension, but I don't know that it's true, because my BP is stable right now and I have heard these sounds in my left ear today....no headache thus far!
    At this point, I don't feel compelled to see the doc for tests about this as I have LIVED through it for about 8 years now and I figure it must not be serious or I would've croaked by now! LOL
    I will mention the noise the next time I go to the doctor, though!!
    Thanks for this and giving me your advice...keep it coming; I need all the advice I can get!
    Love and thanx!
    Kady
  4. LindaH

LindaH New Member

My mother complained with this noise a few years ago. It turned out to be blockage in the arteries in her neck. May be completely different but it popped in my head about the noise.

God Bless
    Linda
  5. amilyne

amilyne New Member

bumping this up...