Who's doing what right now? Spring time?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

We are finally getting some sunshine! My mood has lifted leaps and bounds. It's wonderful to be able to get out and plant!
    I've planted flowers, vegetables, and I've been turning my chicken flock over. I have so many pullets that I am waiting to start laying. One gal is getting up on the roost by the nest boxes..eying it, often!
    I have my run almost finished..should say, DH has the run mostly finished for my little bantams. Just in time. Not sure if I already mentioned this, but I lost my little RIR baby that I've been watching to a ferral cat! Arrggh! That's a really mad...arggh! So, I put my small one that ran with her into the bantam run for a while. Hopefully these type of cats don't take down a large chicken! My chickens are put up into the coop at night, it's locked secure at night..nothing can get into it.
    So, busy with outdoor things finally.
    Church today was great. It always amazes me how I can feel when I am there hearing about the Lord.
    Have to mention. We have a 17 yr. old son that is driving us around right now. Got his learners later than usual, will go for drivers training next month. So. If anyone feels inclined to offer up some "safety" prayers, I'll take them! lol..It doesn't matter how many times I go through this, it scares me. I will be a nervous wreck when he goes out on his own, alone, some day. I'll be praying the whole time he is gone doing what ever, until he is back safe and sound.
    He's seems to be getting more secure. Not sure that is a good thing, or bad thing? He used to have those little white knuckles clutched around that steering wheel..stop at a stop sign, look both ways, front ways, into the mirror, then do it all again, before he would move. :)) Like I said, he's settled down. And, now, we can talk with him while he drives, because he can talk and drive at the same time, it used to bother him..he was concentrating!
    What a good kid he is. So glad I had him when I did. He keeps us young.
    Share! Anything!
    Love to all, Cynthia
  2. springwater

springwater Member

Congratulations on your son beginning to drive. I know the feeling of being
    anxious all the while when he is out. I get the same feeling when my son
    is out on his motorbike. Havent got the courage up to let him learn driving
    yet.

I will pray for your son to be safe. Im sure he will be and will soon be
    cruising around like hes been doing it all his life.

My BIL learnt driving a bit late, and we were anxious but now he is
    such a careful driver, and he loves taking to the wheel and has a great
    interest in cars.

God Bless
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Today is going to be 100 degrees!

Staying home enjoying my art books - studying again Japanese and Asian art. These artists can capture in a few brush strokes the whole essence and personality of animals, of flowers, insects. So thankful for this beauty.

My yellow roses, honeysuckle, and mock orange bloom together every year at this time. The fragrance fills up the house so delightfully.

Doz - what kind of veggies and flowers are you planting?

Rain - hope you got your planting done. What color feathers does the baby bird have?

Spring - I know this is your hot season. I think I would melt away completely in Kathmandu. I'm hoping so much that you get a time to spend in cool gardens, in the mountains when your weather cools.

Love to all,
    Wind
  4. springwater

springwater Member

Your garden with all its scents sounds so lovely! Glad to hear from you. Yes, oriental
    art has its own particular flavour doesnt it? The far east has its own different from
    the middle east. Even the gardens. I have an artwork framed with black done in oriental
    style hanging in the living room. It depicts a basket of fruit and peonies. Peonies are
    supposed to bring prosperity, according to Feng Shui.

Rain - I remember when we lived in the country in India, and had kept ducks and chickens.
    A fox came and made off with one duck. In the middle of the night, poor duck. Feeding
    the poultry in the morning was my duty. It was somethng to look forward to, letting them
    out of their hutches and giving them their feed, theyd quack and cluck and then the ducks
    would run off to their little pond and dive in. I used to spend hours by the pond watching
    the ducks do handstands in the water and observe so many little quaint insects buzzing
    whirling swimming in the water and on the surface. Oh to hark back to those halycon
    days again!

Im afraid i got hit by a bad spell again. I think its been five six days. With the worst
    dip yesterday and this morning. But i was well enough this eve to be able to make it to a
    relatives dinner tonight and enjoyed myself reasonably well.

I mean to do some healing on myself before i go to bed tonight.

God Bless

5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Wow, sounds like you all are going through that heat wave we've heard about. We are just now getting up into the high 70's..and less rain! Yaay! Finally got my petunias out, some marigolds, some veggies out..I have sunflowers coming up on their own from last year..just need to thin them out.
    My peonies are starting! I face the north. That bush is full of buds. I can hardly wait.
    Sounds like everyone is busy in their own way, with what their weather is doing.
    Sad about the Arizona fires. See we can't even imagine that kind of heat here yet, but it's coming..this weekend looks like we will hit the mid 80's. We are usually there already. It is a good thing that it is happening a bit slow though, they are bagging everywhere for the melting of the snow on the mountains. There is still a lot to come down. Some folks are already dealing with flooded basements. Even with the bags, it's coming up through their cement, making cracks, and coming up. Saw one lady on the news, they had torn off the bottom part of their sheet rock so as not to have that wet..can get mold after the flooding.
    Spring..feel better! Hope you had a good time visiting.
    Take care everyone! Love, Cynthia
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Jam - I did some research on the rooftop gardens - so glad that people are coming up with innovative ideas. Saving fuel - having healthy, fresh foods! I'm wondering how they deal with the car fumes from parking lots and urban spaces. I saw one article had a greenhouse on top of the roof - that would protect the plants more.

I always feel energized and hopeful hearing about these solutions! And think of the Victory gardens during WW2. There is so much that can be done. Thanks for sharing this.

Just watched the golden sparks of fireflies in the dark greens of dusk. I'm amazed at all the abundance of beauty in this world. So thankful for my Gratefulness/Mindfulness practice - that encourages taking time to look throughout the day for some beauty and goodness.

Hope all are well.
  7. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I face the north. Just like my tulips, they come out later than a lot of others. So, mine started opening yesterday. Still cool in the mornings here. So strange. It's almost July 4th, and you think hot here where we live, but we are beginning to wonder what the weather will be like on the 4th.
    I miss seeing fireflies..loved them as a child when I lived in Florida.
  8. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I am excited that my very few of what I planted are coming along. Two tomato plants, and two yellow crook neck squash plants. Doing well in the new place I thought I would give a try. I will put more in this area next year!
  9. springwater

springwater Member

Good to hear of your upcoming plants. Hope you have a good crop.

We had a nice lot of plums this year but the peaches were very small, and sour like.

anyways the birdies are having a field day. they dont seem to mind the worms in the
    ripe ones.

im enjoying the gentle rain which is pattering outside, its all green now and no
    dust. the grasses of course need cutting and afraid snakes might start showing
    up if we leave it for too long.

i and dh saw a new species of bird from our window while breakfasting the other
    day. we heard some different notes of bird singing and couldnt place it, and when
    we looked there was this strange bird, all light brown, with a long body. no speckles
    on it, like the dhukoor, which is common around here. i felt excited to see it.

so much new housing coming up, the birds are getting displaced. so i love it when i
    glimpse some parrots, or plovers and now this new one.

God Bless
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Doz, I was wondering if your duck eggs hatched. I love it when you care for endangered species.

Also, with all your experience fostering dogs, can you help Beadlady with any advice? Her new dog, Virgil is barking for hours when she is away at work. Her post is on my animal prayers thread.

Is there anything that can help with what could be separation anxiety? (My guess)

Spring, so glad you finally have some cool weather - I know how much you hate the heat. I hate it too, but my husband loves it - so we're always trying to find a balance.

I'm hoping you will get away a bit for a little visit to the mountains, Mountain Girl!

Could use some prayers. Having a hard time even thinking of going back to therapy - but my worst problem is being re-traumatized from continuous noise. We don't own our own house, and I can't live in an apt. So far I've never heard of a cure for this acute problem - no medicine or particular therapy. I'm okay for now, but have no security.

If I only had one, quiet room in a house that was ours - where we wouldn't have to move at any time, I could just take care of my existing needs, which are many. So thank you for prayers and healing thoughts.

11. springwater

springwater Member

Praying that you will get what you need and so richly deserve, a lovely house
    with a lovely special room for yourself in a quiet beautiful place.

Praying that you get the strength courage to go through therapy, for your
    complete and thorough healing

for peace harmony happiness

God Bless
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you so much for your prayers!

I called my friends who are nuns, and the whole convent is praying for me.

They are so deeply loving, and are such a help in my life!

The power in their prayers helped to dissolve the bitterness, cynicism and disbelief that I was experiencing, which is the opposite of trust , in my faith. I was so tangled up in those things because I felt so threatened.

Those tight knots just dissolved, and also I was able to choose that my love and trust in Jesus comes first, and to let go of attachments (too tangling) to my own panicky plans, thoughts, etc. It brought me back to the present - enjoying and living now. Doing what I can each day, and trusting. What a relief!

You are such a special person in my life, Springwater. Your prayer for a lovely house with a lovely, safe, quiet room in a beautiful place, is one that I will cherish and keep in my heart. It makes me smile!

With thankfulness and love,
    Judy