Who's tried = Dr. Brice E. Vickery's= Amino Acid protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OptimusUndead, Nov 25, 2006.

1. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

I was just wondering if anyone around here has tried his protocol, and how did it work for you. As well as how long you used the products for. Interesting articles on his site, and i'm trying to figure out if i should try it.

^_^

Chris
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Never used his formula BUT, I use a LOT of amino acids and find them the MOST helpful of all my supplements. The other biggest benefit has been hormone therapy.

I Just wandered around his website, and ordered his FREE 1-week supply of Amino Acids. If I like them I may order from him again, we'll see. I think amino acids offer a LOT of good treatment options, for those who prefer a NON-drug approach.
  3. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

thanks for the reply, its good to know you brought up the amino acids immediately and that you use them. I'll be recieving the First package sometime later in the week.

I have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and as he states as well, i think that mostly everyone on this board suffers from it. Do you happen to know if you have it as well?

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Two things that help at lot, or even get rid of problem completely:

1. Stay away from heavy carbs (and sugar). Really, staying away from them for a few days, straightens out the blood sugar. If you eat more protein throughout the day, it helps keep you on the right track. Keep nuts and fruit handy so you NEVER get over hungry. It doesn't take many days to break the cycle.

2. The other miracle is ,,,, (compounded) Cortisol. It really is great at ending the hypoglycemia.

This is no cure-all but a supplement that help is:

Chromeate.

Chromium (Chromeate®) helps in the metabolism process of fats and carbohydrates. It also helps promote fat loss while maintaining lean muscle in overweight people. Chromeate is a unique patented niacin-bound chromium complex that significantly increases the bioavailability and biological activity of chromium.[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2006]
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

You look really familiar to me. My daughter is your age. Have you spent any time in O.C., Maryland in the summer?
  6. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

You look really familiar to me. My daughter is your age. Have you spent any time in O.C., Maryland in the summer?

Thanks for the reply, i'll have to try a few of those things. I was origionally diagnosed with hypoglycemia when i was 15, and thats where everything started, so i'm not unfamiliar with the diet. I guess thats why i'm interested in trying this protocol. It seemed like no matter how hard i tried, the diet thing really never helped much, and that metabolizing anything just threw me off. Anyway, 'ill keep that in mind as i fab a new program up for myself. I'm always dead set on finding a cure, or at least an immense change in energy, than just a small bit here and there.

hmm.. Maryland.. I have a friend that lives in Marlyand, but i have yet to visit yet, she comes up here. lol... The only other place would be myspace, or if she was ever in Jersey?.. ^_^ hopefully your not going to pull the Elijah Wood thing.. i get that often, even though i dont see it
  7. Catseye

Catseye Member

I'm with elliespad, aminos I can't do without. Those and radical dietary changes got me on the road to recovery. I kept having setbacks and relapses because I hadn't ironed out all my diet problems but I've always taken the aminos and whey protein. I think we're all too "toxified" and the liver can't make all the aminos it usually can (or anything else it usually makes) and when you help it along, it can do it's miriad of jobs alot better.

I'm hypoglycemic, too. I'm recovering fast now and it seems to be going away. I've only had a few episodes due to the ribose I've been taking but when I cut it back, it's okay. It's not near as bad as it was. good luck! karen
  8. elliespad

elliespad Member

Just came across this while researching something about L-Carnitine. It states:

The first sign of carnitine deficiency is hypoglycemia, which, if unchecked can lead to progressive muscular weakness, muscle disorders, heart tissue damage, increased triglycerides, a breakdown of muscle tissue & irregular muscle function.

L-Carnitine can be helpful for:

Ischemic heart disease.
    Congestive heart failure.
    Increased triglycerides.
    Liver disease.
    Those on dialysis.
    Blood sugar stabilization.
    Increasing energy.
    Muscle weakness & disorders.
    Endurance training.
    Body fat reduction.
    Vegetarianism
  9. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

I went and checked the site, to see what was in the package i ordered..

Platinum Plus: 2X
    Proprietary Blend:
    L-Arginine, L-Cystine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine
    Creatine monohydrate - 50mgs
    MSM Methyl Sulfonyl Methane - 200mgs
    Molybdenum - 30mcgs
    Inactive Ingredients Gelatin, Vegetable Stearate, Silica

Since it isn't.. i'm going to look into it. Very interesting that it isn't in there. I wonder if it is produced by the body, or its something that the body can produce with food, or just digested ??>. hmm..

10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Carnitine minly comes from an animal source. Hence the term Carnivore (meat eater). Strict Vegans (like my son) are at increased risk for Carnitine deficiency. It can be found in some non animal sources, but most people don't eat too much of them.

Red meat (particularly lamb) and dairy products are the primary sources of carnitine. Carnitine can also be found in fish, poultry, tempeh (fermented soybeans), wheat, asparagus, avocados, and peanut butter. Cereals, fruits, and vegetables contain little or no carnitine.