Whose taking dribose and for how long results???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LongStruggle, Dec 20, 2006.

1. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I'm wondering how many of us are or were taking d-ribose and how long you have or were on it? What long-term results have you had?
  2. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Hi, I'm not taking it but every other day, about 2-3 grams. I'm still taking the magnesium, acetyl l carnitine, coq10. . . the other mito stuff, daily. I was worried about the hypoglycemia at first but that's no longer an issue. I seem to have enough energy to do what I want to do. I'm taking it real slow, though. I'm in no hurry to start doing everything again. I sit around on the computer, mostly, here and looking at health stuff. It's so nice just to be able to read all day long again. It helped make THAT possible, at least.

I think I'll up it again to at least 6 grams and see what happens. I still have energy issues which I thought weren't ribose related but now that you mention it, I remember it's supposed to take days for your body to manufacture it and I haven't tried more than 2-3 grams for a few weeks.

best wishes

karen
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

One out of 3 patients cannot handle D-Ribose. I'm one of them. After 2 1/2 jars, I gave up. Maybe it helped with my muscles to help me walk farther, but I had to put up with fatigue and malaise. I felt better off it.

Dr. Cheney's said it is a 5 molecule sugar as opposed to our regular 6 molecule sugar. Some people's bodies can't digest it and it becomes toxic to them.

For others it is a godsend. You won't know until you try. If it feels good, keep it. If not, stop.

CherylSue