why am I a sissy when it comes to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bettydroop, Feb 10, 2006.

1. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Starting any new meds or anything new to try. I will begin the treatment for low throid tommorrow- figured it would be a good day, but I am a little worried. I knwo its going to be fine, but I just feel I dunno, apprehensive for some reason.

Does anyone feel like this?
    DID anyone feel this before you started thyroid treatment, and how did it go for you ? Please, if you have any suggestions...comments???
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Sweetie, I feel the same way every time I try a new medication and so I always make sure I take the first couple of doses when someone is home to keep an eye on me.

It's probably smart to be cautious, though not great when the anxiety gets out of hand.

I started treatment for low thyroid a few months ago and all is well. The medication didn't bother me at all, no discernible side effects.

Keep us posted.

God bless, Anne Theresa
  3. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

that is very helpful ! Thanks!
  4. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Did you fel any better? DID you have any side effects??THANKS TO YOU!!
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Hi Betty,

No, I've never had any problems or concerns starting a new med, etc. I guess it is because I have taken so many pills all of my life!

I, too, just had to start treatment for my thyroid! I am now taking Synthroid. Haven't had any problems with it so far -- can't even tell that I'm taking it -- no difference whatsoever!

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Thanks for your post. I appreciate it!
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I feel the same way; you're not a sissy. Many of us do have uncomfortable effects from meds. I usually start something new when I have no obligations for a day or two.
    I had no problems when I started thyroid treatment. I had to increase the dose again beFore I started to notice improvement bUt there was nothing adverse.

Kathy.
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Betty,
    I was 9 years old when I started on meds for hypothyroidism. I guess I was too young to worry about the med. I just knew I was supposed to take it everyday.

I've had some bad side effects this year from some meds my endocrinologist wanted me to take, so yes, I am a bit concerned lately about anything new to me.

I'm sure you'll be fine on your thyroid meds. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2006]