Why am I feeling better the past couple of days?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Aug 27, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I know this sounds paranoid, but after a couple of really rough weeks, I feel sooooo much better the past several days. I've thought and thought, and can only think of two things: first that I might have been fighting off an infection before, and second, that I am no longer premenstrual. Any thoughts on how to pinpoint more clearly what I may be doing RIGHT??? So I can continue doing it??? I've actually had a normal temperature until tonight. Feeling better is such a fragile and ephemeral concept, sigh.

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

I know this sounds paranoid, but after a couple of really rough weeks, I feel sooooo much better the past several days. I've thought and thought, and can only think of two things: first that I might have been fighting off an infection before, and second, that I am no longer premenstrual. Any thoughts on how to pinpoint more clearly what I may be doing RIGHT??? So I can continue doing it??? I've actually had a normal temperature until tonight. Feeling better is such a fragile and ephemeral concept, sigh.

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

All I can say, is enjoy it! I had a year with no Fibro symptoms at all, then it came back with a vengence! This has been going on for 20 plus years with me.

If you keep a journal, you could pin point what you did differently, or what you didn't do! Thats why its good to keep a journal.

I am glad to hear you are feeling good, try to see if its something you are eating, meds, whatever!

HOpe it continues for you for a longtime!

Shalom, Shirl

4. teach6

teach6 New Member

I agree with Shirl about writing things down. To make things simple I have a notebook where I keep some pages I've designed on the computer to log. I have a space for Sleep, Morning, Afternoon, Evening. I also have a column for recording my BP, since it is necessary with my meds, and one for notes, such as how I felt, changes in meds, etc. In the column for the times of day I write what I did. This has been very helpful to me.

Barbara
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

Keeping a jounal is good advice. This time the difference in how I feel has been very dramatic, although I can feel the old patterns fading back in today. It's too much to keep track of without writing it all down, you're both right in that! I've even been thinking of adding a slot for body temp, as mine seems to fluctuate, goes up when I don't feel well. Hard evidence for the doc to look at, too!

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I too came out of a flare just a couple days ago. I can now go more easier on the pain meds now.

I guess everyone goes through different stages, figuring out what triggers it all.

For me its stress and lack of sleep.

Good ideas on writing it down. I tried, but I didnt really stick to it.

I hope you stay feeling better for awhile. I know what you mean when feeliing good its such a fragile thing.

Good Luck!

Sunshyne