why am I light headed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I feel so bad today. I have a headache and hurt in my hands real bad. Even my face and ears hurt. I just don't understand the light headed feeling ontop of this. I wish I could go to the dr. but have no money. Can't take any pain medicine thanks to stomach problems. Just want to feel no pain....feel normal again. SO sick of this.
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Since no one else has answered, I'll take a stab at this. Since you have stomach problems, could the light-headedness be from not eating and/or drinking enough?
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I don' know. I eat as often as I can. I drink something all the time, so thirsty.

Always something, you know.
  4. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

Some medications have light-headedness as a potential side-effect -- are you by any chance taking Cymbalta, Lyrica, or Neurontin? If so, these might be the cause.

Also, since you mention being very thirsty, have you had your blood sugar checked recently? Diabetes can cause both thirst and light-headedness.

Are you on blood-pressure medicine? If you are and the dose is too high, that could lead you to be light-headed.

Even if you aren't on blood-pressure medicine, it might still be a good idea to take your blood pressure when you're having one of the light-headed episodes, just to see if there's a drop in blood pressure causing it. Of course, if there was you'd still have to figure out what was causing the drop.

These are just some of the possibilities I can think of. I'm not a medical professional, but it does seem to me like the best thing to do is try to get in to see a doctor about it. I know you said the money would be a problem, but maybe you could check and see if there's any clinic near you that offers services on a sliding-fee basis.

I wish I could help more.

Best wishes,
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

this is a very common ME/CFS symptoms for a bunch of reasons