Why am I not in a flare ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by xchocoholic, Mar 7, 2006.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi ... This may be a stupid question, but ..

I'm looking for a connection between my recent activity level and fatigue / flare.

I just spent the last week cleaning my house and entertaining company. When I started cleaning I got winded every time I got up. I cleaned for the next few days taking breaks because I was so winded and fatigued. After a few days, I was less winded.

Now, my company has left and I can't believe I am not in a flare. Any ideas ? I've noticed before that if my adrenaline gets going, I can sometimes, but not always get by with overdoing it.

I had been on bed rest for a few weeks prior. Do you think that helped ?

Anyone else ? My stress level has been off the chart since receiving really bad news Friday afternoon. Maybe, that is what is keeping me going ? Adrenaline ? I feel anxious.

Thanks for your replies ... Marcia
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

There is no rhymn or reason to flares. For me - most of the time if I, "overdo it," I do flare but, once in awhile I don't. Sometimes I flare for no reason. What hurts today will be something else tommorrow. I personally, have stopped looking for a connection to my flares. I say go with it....if your feeling well ALLOW yourself to feel well.
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear that you haven't noticed any "real" one on one connection either.

My doctor told me to "listen to my body". Now, I am wondering what I am listening for ? Being winded and fatigued was ok. Who knows ??

Marcia
  4. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Listen to your body.....maybe that means if you need rest then rest, if you need a pain killer then take it, if you feel you need a nice long bath then go for it ect....Sometimes, I trully think doctors like to talk in code and expect you to read between the lines. Let us know if the dreaded flare returns. Do something good for yourself today!!!!!
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I know sometimes when I'm around people, I do feel less tired, it's like wow, real human interaction.

And maybe you are less stressed from the company.

Rest now, a flare could still come.
  6. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I agree with Lisa!!!
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Marcia:
    It is just a guess, but maybe the bedrest you had before these recent events might have strengthed the body.
    I am glad you made it through, but be careful and do not push a good thing:)
    hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Thanks for replying,

I have to agree with all of you. I have noticed all the things you mentioned - adrenaline overload can, but not always perk me up, being around people if I am feeling well is a real boost, and resting beforehand has helped.

Good to know this is not my imagination. Hugs ...

I am a little tired today, but no flare. I'm under so much stress right now that I can't stop my mind from racing.

I'm worried about one of my kids. You know how that is !!
    Hopefully, I will get good news tomorrow and be able to stop worrying. THEN I will kill him !!! Just kidding !

Thanks again ... Sincerely Marcia

9. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi All. Just wanted to give you an update on the flare / activity connection.

It's there, it just took a little longer this time. My hands are a little numb, slept most of Saturday 3/11/2006 and am still needing daily naps. Lots of rest periods. Nothing new.

It was fun while it lasted though...

Hugs Marcia