WHY ARE LYME PATIENTS SHUNNED BY DOCTORS?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kriket, Jan 14, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

FROM EVERYTHING I'VE READ HERE AND FROM MY RESEARCH, DOCTORS DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH LYME PATIENTS VERY MUCH. WHY? I HOPE THAT MY TEST COMES BACK NEGATIVE #1 B/C I DON'T WANT TO HAVE THIS AWFUL DISEASE AND #2 IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THIS IS AN ILLNESS THAT DOCTORS SEEM TO WANT TO TURN AWAY FROM. THIS IS ALL I NEED. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A DOCTOR THAT TREATS THIS DISEASE?

KRIKET
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I think it's because doctors arent' knowledgeable about the illness. My PCP thinks that one dose of abx for 30 days cures lyme. She just doesn't understand it. There are drs out there who understand and treat chronic lyme. It's just that they are hard to find.

Good luck kriket
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I have this problem too with fibro. The illness is very frustrating to doctors and they just don't know what to do about it and it seems like we get no where. I sure hope I do not have this. It's hard enough having one illness that doctors do not understand.

Thanks for answering though.

Kriket
  4. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Kriket,

If you have Lyme Disease it is why you have all the fibro symptoms. There is something you can do for lyme and many recover. It is a long journey but you can get well.

Hugs,
    Redsox
  5. connieaag

connieaag New Member

My daughter just had hers drawn this AM and they ship it off today. I don't remember what you decided to do. It goes 2 day Fed x, and IGenex told me 7-10 working days for results. We did the 5060 panel or 5060 whichever it was. $445 I think. The doc kept the paperwork :)

IMO, I hope it does come back positive so we have something definitive to treat! I am so frustrated with every thing being normal, but her feeling like crap.

Connie
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I ordered the Igenex test a couple of days ago, but have not recieved it in the mail yet. They told me the cost of it was going to be 450.00. Ouch!!!! Hope that your daughters test turns out to be negative.

kriket
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Well, sounds as though there is some hope if I do have it.

Kriket
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

Because it has become a political battle over how to treat it. 'Mainstream' docs believe a short course of abx will cure it, and if you continue to have symptoms it has mysteriously turned into an autoimmune disease... even tho it is well known that the Lyme bacteria can go inside our cells, including our brain.

The doctors who treat it for longer than 28 days or so end up usually being brought before medical boards etc.... so no surprise few want to deal with it. Very sad situation.

best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 01/16/2007]