Why are not more trying out peptides ?!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, May 24, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

I am just wondering why more of you in the USA are not trying out the peptides !! It seems so promising. If I were in USA I would just try it. Am seriously considering coming to the USA and trying it.

Love,
    Deepak
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most of us who have been sick for decades have seen treatment options which sound too good to be true. Many have become jaded to anything new. Of course, the peptide injections aren't new but are new to most of us. For someone like me, the treatments aren't an instant panacea either. I've had my ups and downs with these shots. I'm talking to my doc about it on the 30th. I don't know whether last shot even worked. Many are taking a "wait 'n see" approach.

Finally, the cost is too much for many of us living on disability.

I'm sure there are other reasons but I think I covered the big ones.

Love, Mikie
  3. deepak

deepak Member

Would you say you are 50 % better since the time you started them ?

Love,
    Deepak
  4. deepak

deepak Member

:)

Well, yes I get some of the reasons but also if 50 % people who try it had even a 50 % reduction in symptoms I would run to try it. Everyone talks about them being so expensive but they say 3 injections are pretty good at indicating whether they would work for you....so then .. thats around 900 $....not THAT much, no ? I mean I must have ordered supplements around 500 $ by now , since all this started.

Yes, coverage is an issue I see. Even online, on FM boards very few people seem to have heard about these. We are lucky Mickey is here to share her story.

I am giving the LDN a try. Been nearly a month now.....today i flared I think the first time in a month so am a bit down ....or I was quite upbeat about LDN ....but lets hope I will be upbeat again :).....

Hope is what keeps the spirit moving :)

Love to you both :) !

deepak
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Remember when I said that healing with this treatment isn't linear? It is impossible to say that I am 50 percent better or 80 percent betteer or whatever. My arthritis is 100 percent better; i.e., apparently cured (but I never use the "C" word because who knows whether it might come back). Doc says it won't but I don't know that for sure.

My Sjogren's symptoms went away the first night of the first shot but I've had some flares of it since. So, it's 100 percent better about 80 percent of the time.

My pain is 100 percent better almost all the time.

My exhaustion is about 50 percent better about 50 percent of the time.

Each injection seems to be different. I didn't think this last one worked but I seem to have been in a Herx almost constantly since I got it so perhaps it worked to rev up my immune system. I'm back Herxing today.

I'm in this for the long haul and am only half way through the treatment so will slog on. For me, the treatment has been very much a success. Am I cured? No. I hope to be healed by the time I finish the injections. I've been sick 22 years, acutely so the last 12. So, it's almost impossible to know what percent I am healed because I've aged 22 years since I was well. I'll be happy if I'm 80 percent better than I was before I got sick. Some days, I am.

I think people need to understand that if they have several conditions, these may improve at different rates. Also, sometimes there may be flares of some symptoms during the treatment. Some people may feel well from day one and continue to get better and better. The older one is and the longer one has been ill, the longer it may take to be healed. I'm sure each person's experience is different.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Wow, you have such a good way of putting things across. :)

Yes, I understand its not 100 % and not linear but from whatever you have said I am very tempted to try it!

But my WBC count comes slightly elevated so I just wonder if mine is due to some infection or something. Did you have this raised WBC thing ever ?

Have you ever taken Lauricidin ?

Thanks a lot for your detailed and informative replies.

Love,
    Deepak
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have never taken Laurididin. I don't know what it is.

As I've mentioned, I took Doxycycline for 2 1/2 years and Famvir for 1 1/2 years for my infections. I also took Heparin and Transfer Factors. My white blood counts were always within normal levels because my infections were operating below my immune system's radar. That's how stealth infections work.

What does your doc say about your WBC? Has he told you to see an infectious disease doc? I'd start there.

Love, Mikie
  8. deepak

deepak Member

Thank you Mikie.

I had seen an infectious diseases doctor last year - but he had just given me anxiety pills. I will see him again I think .

Lauricidin is monoaularin and I read some good reviews about it as a general anti bacterial and anti viral. Have ordered it. :)

With love,
    Deepak
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  10. deepak

deepak Member

Do you know others who have had reasonable success on the peptides ?

Love,
    Deepak
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is so new in our country that I haven't heard from others on the injections except for those here who have tried it.

Love, Mikie
  12. RitaF

RitaF Member

hi all, some of you may recall that i am looking for a dr. who uses peptides who lives in the middle of our large country.

so far i have only the name of 1 dr. in houston and there is some junk online that he has some problems, maybe because he is willing to try something untraditional. that's one of our problems in this country.

i live in the northern midwest but do have family in the 3 cities mentioned. i can't imagine what huge bucks, $$$$$ it would take to try to get to one of the drs. on the coasts who does this treatment.

but we keep trying and learning. rita
  13. deepak

deepak Member

Dear RitaF,

Can you give me the name of the houston doc. If he is good and if I am able to come to USA to get the shots, Houston would be a good choice as I have a cousin who stays there ( who is a leading cardiologist and who tosses asides my complaints as "obsessions " :( )

Love,
    Deepak