Why are people getting off Effexeor and other meds??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hotfoot, Nov 16, 2005.

1. hotfoot

hotfoot New Member

I was put on Efexorxl for serious depression when my 33 year marriage went south it helped alot , but I've been on it for 3 years I feel no emotions. I guess thats a good reason. I wish I never had to take anything but, I wonder about drugs long term effects.The ONLY thing that helps me sleep ever is klonipin,Dr. wants me not to take it.I've tried every thing ,and now I have to pay for meds that generly don't work anyway.I take viocodine for pain,it takes thev edge off and I'm suppose to stop that too.Dr. do not have a clue what a day in our life is like.I recently had surgery for tyhroid cancer so I will have to be low dose thyroid forever.I worry about geetting off what I know helps,already have lots of bottles of stuff that doesn't work.Sometimes I feel,I'm talking to the wall.I'm 52 going on 99,had CFS&fMS chronic insomnia for20 years.I'd love to get a good Dr.to poor now have to go to a clinic,and yet I have to pay for meds.uuuh!!Sorry for whining it's so frustrating,Maybe there isn't any good answers,it seems like tapering off something makes more sense then cold turkey,but Dr. I see is anti narcotics.I'm anti feeling like crap but so what.What to do?????hotfoot
  2. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice for you.

I just wanted to say that I love your statement at the end "He's anti narcotic and I'm anti feeling like crap." I need a tshirt that says that to wear to MY doctor's office!

Good luck!