why are there so many complaints about new board ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tandy, Oct 5, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm so curious I'll have to get over there and peek again.
    Is it that bad???

people are leaving these boards for good,saying that its way too confusing,etc. (on the new one)
    Its sad to hear. I have'nt tried doing anything on the new board yet.
    I really wonder why they felt the need to update this way. ?? maybe a small facelift is all immune support needed. Not a a total body makeover~
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've only ventured over briefly, waiting til I HAVE to go.

I believe that many of the people who say they are leaving will come back, this is the best board around. Anyway the board will continue without them if they choose to leave.

That sounds mean and I dont want it to but basically its the truth. I WILL persevere with the new board when I have to, this is too much of a lifeline for me to lose it.

Glad to 'see you', hope you're okay.

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2008]
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

yea,... thats my dr. 90210 talk
  4. bct

bct Active Member

Dear J, the "complainers" have valid points which should not be overlooked. Also, I feel that the more severely affected and afflicted people (CFS/ME) are really having a tough time with this make-over, unfortunately.

Let's all have a little compassion for those who can't adjust as easily as others.

Regards and Blessings,
    Barry
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

do not have technology which will allow them to navigate the new board and some, truly, find it too confusing or problematic for other valid reasons.

They are losing connection to community. It is a big, big loss. Let's make sure that we do not make their last weeks on the board any more unhappy than they need be.

Peace out,
    Rafiki
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

...As I was navigating the new site for the first time, I truly felt for those in FM/CFS/ME fog...

Perhaps ProHealth, who has created both website to sell their products, and created the message boards as a customer service, can tweak it now that it's up.

I mean, when people have been saying for years that long paragraphs are too distracting when in the "fog"; it's just logical that the bells and whistles (glossy photo adds) that draw focus to their products could be too much stimuli for many with the DD.

Could the photos be at the bottom? Could the ads be placed as actual posts?

Callum
  7. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I personally have difficulty with change (any change not just here) but will go to the new board when I am forced to do so. I like the fact you can see how many views a post gets. But it was a little busy for my eyes.

I have noticed that the number of posts on the boards overall has been cut dramatically since the new boards were introduced. I hope thats just coincidental!!

Sincerely
    JL
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I had trouble at first because I didn't notice I could make the font bigger! Silly me! Its right at the top of the list of posts!<BR>
    <BR>
    You might notice I'm typing this on the new site. Yeah me!<BR>
    <BR>
    It's different and maybe a little intimidating. There is an awful lot of stuff going on on the one screen where we are more used to less clutter. It will take some getting used to, but I think I will adjust.<BR>
    <BR>
    The change I would like to see is letting me see all the replys to a post when I am replying instead of just seeing the original post. That hasn't changed on the new one.<BR>
    <BR>
    You know how it is! I just don't do change very well!<BR>
    <BR>
    Hugzz<BR>
    Greenbean

PS - Tried to edit this post on the other site and couldn't do it. It said I needed a user name. I was logged in and read the post ok, then clicked on edit on my reply, but couldn't edit it. Anyone know if this is a glitch? Or is it just me? LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

your prolly right,...
    you can't edit.
    ????
    aw,..this is gonna suck.

I'm not in a good mood already,..and this new board thrown at us is'nt helping any.

they could'nt leave well enough alone~
    ????
    always looking for bigger and better
    sometimes bigger and better is'nt better.(and it aint bigger either)
    well maybe a tiny bit bigger???
    ok,.. now I'm being silly and I'm suppose to be mad
    so I'm outta here
  10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Jorgie posted about this several days ago.

It's just a glitch. You will be able to edit.

There may be a time limit, though... not sure.

:~)
    Rafiki
  11. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

You should be able to edit now please send me an email at techsupport@prohealth.com if you can't. I'd love to know about it.

the text below shows up but hey at least you can edit your posts now :) We'll get to the text below in a bit.
    [&lt;i&gt;This Message was Edited on 12/21/20012&lt;/i&gt;](anyone know this date?)

[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2008]
  12. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

about 50 ta go!

:)