Why can't I hold my breath

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hawkeye, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Is that part of fibro/cfs? I had to go have my mammogram and I could barely hold my breath long enough for the short exposure time of the x-ray. It was very strange.....

Anyone else have this experience?

2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I was like this awhile back. Then I did Cheney's recommendations for low blood volume and poor oxygen transfer and I'm alot better now. I can hold my breath long enough to do the usual "hold your breath" things, like cleaning out the cat box, for instance.

Here's the article:

And here's a summary of what to do:

-drink a good electrolyte solution 2-4x per day, I use Electrolyte Stamina 2x day
    -take magnesium (glycinate is best, or taurate or malate, probably a complete mineral supplement is best, that's what I take)
    -take licorice if you have low blood pressure (I did for awhile)
    -breathing exercise:

Inhale through your nose for four seconds. Hold your breath for seven seconds. Exhale through tightly pursed lips for eight seconds, creating back-pressure. You should be able to hear the air being forced out of your mouth. Do this eight times in a row, twice a day. If you feel light-headed, just do it six times, or until you begin to feel light-headed, and then build up to eight times.

I used to also feel like I wasn't getting enough air. Like I'd be sitting there breathing but feel like I was slightly drowning at the same time. It was pretty creepy. I haven't had the problem since I started with these in Nov.

best wishes,