Why do flares have to hurt so bad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Dec 4, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I'm just dying. I am in so much pain all over. I've got the bodywide nerve pain, I've got this feeling like my skin or all my flesh is kind of burning (probably viral activation), I've got a fever, I've got the chills, I alternate between being freezing and hot at the same time. I've got the the light and sound sensitivity. I'm queasy. Usual muscle twitches and spasms, and I have the fatigue on top of all that. About the only thing that's clear tonight is my brain, and that's only because I had the spirutein shake. It did nothing for the rest of this. But my brain feels like it is burning as well. The muscles in my upper back really, really hurt. This is hell.

I've been flaring since I went to the grocery store a few days ago, but the flare has been getting worse instead of better. I'm just under too much stress this month.

I just don't understand why this has to hurt so much and nothing helps it :(
  2. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

I'm soooo sorry you are sufferning so badly. I don't have an answer for you other than it will end at some point and you will feel better again. It's so frustrating, the whole DD. Grocery shopping is a hard chore, and it takes a lot out of me too. I had a long drive on Tuesday, and I've been paying for it all week. Anything you can do to get a little relief- pain patches, heat patches or heating pads, resting in bed, taking a hot bath, whatever little thing that might get you some relief, do it; won't make it all go away, but at least you are trying. Again, I am so sorry you are feeling so awful. Know that we're all here listening, and feeling what you've been going through, understanding how awful it can be. We're here for you!

Get better soon!!!
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Wish I knew the answer to that one myself.

I just start(knock on wood)to come out of one like you describe after a week. Its not fun.

Anyway to emlinate some of the stress? Know that will really aggrVATE MINE.