Why do people remove their replies months after they have been posted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Oct 28, 2008.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

Because I have OCD and am superstitious to boot, I check certain posts I've made everyday and set the screen on certain replies to help ease anxiety I feel about things. I know this sounds stupid and crazy but it makes me feel better.

For the second time I've returned to a certain post and someone has removed their reply even though it's been up for months. In my mind this means something terrible is going to happen to whomever I had written the post about.

I was just curious as to why some individuals remove their replies. I'm hoping that I will get a little relief if I know why this happens.

2. boltchick

boltchick New Member

I think some people just go in and "clean up" their profiles/posts sometimes. If they get old or don't need to be saved, it is easy to delete them so that when you do need to look up one of your saved older posts you don't have to weed through some of the ones you are finished with.
    Those post lists can get quite long!

I have seen some posts on my threads deleted before and I figure the person was just "cleaning up" or second-guessed what they wrote and decided to remove it. Hope that helps, enjoy your day. Kim :)
  3. painterZ

painterZ New Member

Thanks for your replies...it helps knowing why some people delete their posts. I figured it was probably something as simple as "cleaning up" but my mind goes crazy with thoughts and I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks again...