Why do we feel so bad when we get up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Jun 2, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Whether it be morning, afternoon or evening for some of us. Why do we feel that way? Do ya'll have that problem too?

Not only is it my severe back pain, but just that terrible flu feeling. Like you don't want to move and your head feels raw. And you don't feel like you can lift a muscle.

Oh, how I wish we could wake up refreshed for a change.
  2. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

the adrenal glands malfunctioning
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i don't know why we all feel so bad when we wake up. i know that there are some mornings that i wake up after sleeping for 9 hours have a bowl of cereal, take my dogs out, and then fall back asleep for two hours. also the stiffness in the mornings it awful. monday morning i woke up and i culd hardly move my right arm. every day the stiffness seems to change which part is the stiffest. it's a suprise every morning which part of me is going to hurt the worst.
    rachel
  4. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I was just really kind of venting. I have read all of these things and actually do have them. Went to ffc and got tested, so you now all that testing.

The one test I am debating on right now is the hypercoagulation. Everything pointed to that for me, but really no definite - this is what it is. Test so expensive - have to pay up front, etc.

Anyways, thanks guys!
  5. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

Waking up for me at 35 feels like I am trying to climb out of my death bed. It feels like I have the worst flu and I have to get up to take care of my 3 and 5 year old. We bought a new bed and I was so excited. Couldn't wait to get it together. This was just before my FM and CMP dx. Well, needless to say, nothing for me has changed. My husband loves it and I got no relief what so ever. Waking up in this amount of pain has been the way for as long as I can remember. I honestly do not have any hope in it ever changing and it makes going to sleep at night real hard. I know what waking up means and going to sleep means I have to go through the waking up process. Don't mean to be so glum, sorry. I am in the process of switching antidepressants and it is been very hard on me.
  6. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Sometimes I feel like I'd rather just stay up than sleep and wake feeling like death.

I feel my best before I go to bed and my worst when I wake up. I tried Melatonin and Cortisol, but nothing changed that.
  7. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I think part of the reason is the disease itself, and a contributor is probably the sleep meds/supplements that many of us have to take to get and stay asleep - they rehijack the body into deeper sleep - and in deep sleep, you don't move around much at all.

So, a lack of motion during the night causes additional stiffness in much the same way as it strikes us when we're awake if we stay in the same position too long.

Can't win for tryin'....

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

The mornings are my worse. I can't believe how "stiff" I am every morning. Like goaska, for several years, I stayed in my recliner and slept, TV on, and just slept on and off during the night and awake all day, no naps because I didn't want the "stiff/bad" feeling the next morning.

Now, I go to bed because I KNOW I need as much sleep as I can get but worse getting up still very stiff and don't sleep but 3 or 4 hours. Also have the severe back pain.

I'm glad that you posted this.

BlueSky555

9. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I am glad to see this subject. I dread going to bed at night just knowing that I have to start all over again in the morning.

Doesn't this seem exactly backwards to most illnesses? Going to bed is supposed to make you feel better. At least that is what my mother always told me! LOL

Jana
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

So funny, I was thinking that last night

I didn't want to go to bed, because I knew that when I woke up in the morning, I will feel worse!
  11. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here, girl!!

I always wondered why I would avoid going to bed, even when every cell in my body was screaming out to go to sleep.

By jove! I think she's got it!!
  12. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Poor sleep, bad matress/bed, being without meds for so many hours
  13. livin4him

livin4him New Member

My brother came to visit yesterday, so I just now have been able to get back on. Wow, it is so comforting to know that other people feel the same way.

In fact, just got off phone with son's girlfriend, she is having breathing problems right now, so she is sympathizing with me more now. I just now told her that I dread getting up for an 8:15 am dr. appt (only one he had this month), he is a lung doctor. My mind is so tired right now, can't think of the words.

I was telling her how worse I feel when I get up. Feel better going to bed and when I wake up for the "last" time it is like I have the flu and an 18 wheeler hit while I was asleep. ha/ha. Oh, it is so bad.

I also avoid going to bed until the last possible moment because I know it will be excruciating in the morning. But, I have found that it's worse fatigue when I don't.

Anyway, thanks so much guys. I'm more than whooped from company. Take care.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/06/2006]
  14. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

totally fluish . I am convinced , in my case , it is due to my immune system killing off pathogens while sleeping .
    Your body does rev up its repair system while sleeping .

The bacteria that die off ( I have lyme / mycoplasma)
    form toxins as they exit , causing the intensified flu like feeling .

Sometimes it lightens up and gets better , but oh how awful the mornings are EVERYDAY!