Why doe Doxy make me feel sooooo good!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Nov 10, 2011.

1. place

place New Member

I was on it for 2 years. and got off of it. Then I had a horrible acne break out for a year and my derm put me on doxy.

With in a day, I feel great!. I have energy, I'm happy, life is good on doxy. im on week two and feel somewhat normal.

I just don't get it?

Anyone have any answers?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Have you ever been tested for Lyme? Many people on here feel better after taking antibiotics.

try search or post for nanie46 she is great with this
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

It is possible that your symptoms are caused by a bacterial infection, and when you take an antibiotic you feel better because it is helping the infection.

Many people here have found out that they have a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection..."lyme disease", and commonly related coinfections like bartonella, babesia and ehrlichia.

Unfortunately, the tests for lyme are very unreliable because they are antibody tests. There are many reasons why people no longer produce antibodies to the bacteria, such as people who have been sick a long time, etc.

There is a new lyme test, a culture test, that I will provide you with a link to info about it, but it is important to note that Lyme is a clinical diagnosis, it is not just based on a lab result.

It also should never be ruled out with just a negative lab result.

Here is some other important lyme info for you to read...pay attention to the symptom lists:

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What has been posted by others. My CFIDS/ME was triggered full blown by a mycoplasma infection and I was on Doxycycline for 2 1/2 years in order to get the infection under control. You may have a chronic bacterial infection and the Doxy is helping with it. After six months on the Doxy, you and your doc may want to try pulsing off of it to see what happens. If you can stay off of it, fine, but if you can't, you go back on it again for another six weeks and try again. This gives you a chance to see if the Doxy is making progress against the infection and it serves to keep the bacteria off their game and more vulnerable.

Have you had any Herxing where you sweat profusely, feel nauseated, have a headache and suffer from diarrhea? If this happens, it means there has likely been a big dieoff of bacteria and you body is trying to get rid of them before they turn toxic.

Using ABX to treat chronic bacterial infections is a long, drawn-out process. If it were me, I'd get the Lyme test. Mycoplasmas, unless they are in the early active stage, are almost impossible to identify without a PCR DNA test and there is a high false neg. response rate. Both Lyme and mycoplasmas have the ability to change form and lie latent in cysts deep inside the body's tissues. From time to time, if I get sick, run down or injured, I have to do a course of the Doxy just to keep the mycoplasmas in latency.

Good luck to you. I'm glad the Doxy is helping you and it may be a clue to what ails you as well.

Love, Mikie