Why does a fall mess you up SO badly?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Saoirse3, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Got up to use the bathroom the other night and fell over the cat. I hit the floor and realized I couldn't get up, so my husband helped me back to bed. Two days later, I am a mess. It was on carpet, but still, the shoulder and neck aches, head is killing me, sinuses ache and I feel dizzy and nauseated a lot. I didn't hit my head, but I feel like someone just picked me up and shook me like they were making salad dressing! Hope tis doesn't go on forever!

Soft hugs,

Stacey
  2. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I hate that you're in so much pain. I know if I fell, even on the carpet, I'd be in the same shape. The weather is making me hurt and I know that probably causes you more pain too.

I just read one of your other posts about Alaska. It was really funny, but I know you're serious about the medical situation.

I have news for you, it isn't any better where I live! lol. Did you ever see Dr. H. about your back condition? He's the one my daughter worked for here. She's still in contact with him on FB.

Take care of yourself and I hope you can rest and feel better soon. GB66
  3. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

Sorry to hear about your fall. The symptoms you are experiencing could be from the stress of the fall. I have recently learned that low adrenal function is extremely common in cfs and fm.

Any stressor, be it physical, mental, or emotional can cause these symptoms. Because the adrenal glands are not able to produce enough of the hormones to deal with the stress done to your body.

Rest is probably the best thing you can do at this point. Hope you feel better soon. :) All the best---Jim
  4. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

Oh Stacey, please put a light on when you get out of bed at night, it's much safer especially when we have pet in our home.

A lot of people hurt themselves at night as a result of not putting the light on. Even using a torch is better than no light at all.

Hope you feel better soon.