Why does my head hurt when I bend over?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by LdyM, May 4, 2004.

1. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Because of this, I'm finding myself hesitating to stoop over and pick something up when I drop it, etc. I don't have high blood pressure. Any clues anyone?

Thanks, LdyM
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Do you have a sinus problem? when my sinus are acting up, and I stoop down I get terrible pain in my head.

Ask your doctor to check your sinuses, they can cause all kinds of problems.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Pain in the top of you head and temples? Like the headache region, or is it in your face? (That sounds funny...)
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

When I get a sinus attack, I will get pain in the face, mostly over the eyes, on the darn top of my head if I bend over, my jaws will also hurt, your sinuses can cause some terrible pain.

I have had my whole face swollen up from a sinus attack! No, I could not bend down, the pain would intensify a hundred fold. I also got shooting pains in my head, like a hot needle, they only lasted a second or so, or I would have went mad.

I do not get them much anymore, I started drinking half my body weight in ounces of water a day, along with a 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt. I would get this five to six times a week, now I just get an attack now and then since I started the watercure.

I am allergic to most meds, so I try everything natural to help. The only sinus med I can take is Tylenol Sinus, OTC. It does help dry them up, but the next day it makes me draggy.

The above with the water is called; Watercure, there is a website by the name. It changed my life with headaches and sinues, I got migraines, cluster, and sinus headaches for fifteen years before I tried this.

Shalom, Shirl

5. stagename

stagename New Member

but- i've been trying to put the puzzle pieces of all my weird little symptoms together. here are some *theories* for you:

ONe- you have orthostatic intolerance. look it up, lots of info out there. start on CFIDS sites.

Two- you have sinus inflammation, which happens before a migraine attack, which can be caused by low serotonin levels, which is an element of FM. (big leap?)

Three- you have marginally low BP (classic FM symptom) that the doc doesn't mention, because it's borderline normal.

What do you think??
  6. LdyM

LdyM New Member

for the feedback. I will look it up... I would have never thought sinuses.

LdyM
  7. LdyM

LdyM New Member

I think these are sound ideas! Thank you so much.

I do have FM and headaches and a perpetualy stuffed nose.

I do have had a history of lowish BP. (RN's though it was
    because I was fit. I wasn't.)

I've had the 'tilt-table test' early on in cfids, and was told there were no problems. Perhaps the test (it was never really explained to me) has something to do with O.I.? I looked up O.I.but could only glance through it today.

**LdyM

8. stagename

stagename New Member

i have chronic sinusitus and the decongestants help. bending over etc. is not so painful.

i don't think you get O.I. from the tilt table test. But from hearing from people on this board, the test made some people sick (short term).

it's a pain to be stuffy, headachey all the time, and not even want to bend over. but at least when we know it's all part of the big picture, we're not sick with something new and we don't have 4 different diseases, and we don't need to worry. you get used to it. i bend my knees to do anything, rather than put my head lower than my chest.

cheers!
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm so glad you brought this up. When I bend over, I don't feel pain so much, but just a LOT OF pressure in my forehead and face, and my left eye loses focus and feels like it is out of control. I wonder if this is due to Fibro and the accompaning sinus infection, which I have, always.

Terry[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2004]
  10. basethound

basethound New Member

when I had a lg herniated disk at c5-6 I could't bend over or put my hair in a towel w/o a pain in my head maybe you should ask your doctor it could be nothing good lucks.Barb
  11. fllfibro2003

fllfibro2003 New Member

I'm also on my 4th round of antibiotics since the end of February for a severe sinus infection.

If you have a sinus infection or if they are just acting up real bad, this will happen.

If you haven't already, go to the dr., sinus infections are nothing to play with.

Good Luck, hope you feel better soon
    FLlfibro
  12. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Looks like it's the sinuses. Really appreciate the help from you all.

***LdyM
  13. LdyM

LdyM New Member

for the suggestion. When I'm able to go to the chiro again I'll deffinately bring that up..

**LdyM