Why does my stomach hurt when I wake up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Hi all,

I have stomach pain almost similar to the pain you have when you know it's time to go to the bathroom.

I don't think it is IBS because I've had that before.

They saw slight gastritus but I've had that since May.

Does anyone know what this could be? There's no use going to the drs about this. They have ruled that it must be gatritus although haven't been to the gastroenterologist yet.

Just wanted to know so that I can treat it.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I do have IBS. Psyllium (the same stuff that's in Metamucil) helps a lot but I have to remember to take it every day. Diet helps some too but I'm still often in terrible abdominal pain especially when I first wake up. Once I force myself into the bathroom it often gets worse with elimination but then subsides. Hope that's not TMI.

3. Honora88

Honora88 Member

What is TMI? Thanks for your response.
  4. jinlee

jinlee Member

Try eating something with protein before going to bed and see if that helps.

My blood sugars go low in the night and I wake up with very bad stomachache.

Good luck.

5. Chilene

Chilene New Member

i have bad bouts of lower-left-sided stomach pain and belching after eating (or drinking)... and it goes away and comes back... (need to do the GI test and haven't yet)...

but!: it's always the worst when i wake up in the morning. usually feel better after i've gone to to the bathroom--i usually have to run (gas)... and then i can't go! (but do eventually). sorry for all the details, here! lol. only way to be clear, tho.
  6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

People usually use it when talking about taboo subjects like ones dealing with pooping etc....
  7. star273

star273 New Member

I know what you mean. I get that when I wake up too. I think its gas. I have had it so bad I can barley stand it, but now I try and not eat to late before I go to bed, I try and do some stretching or yoga and I drink some green tea before I go to bed. I always put honey in my tea and I noticed when I put to much(the way I love it :) I got alot of gas. I think the sugar just sat in my stomach. Try eating earlier and stretching and see if that helps. Good luck! Oh yeah, I also had some tests done on it because I thought it might be something else. Everything came back normal. I am on probiotics and also a powder for gastrointestianl support. It helps alot!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2008]
  8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Tests don't always pick up worms and such. I'd say try a natural parasite cleansing product and see if it helps.

I know I picked up something again this summer. I'm going to have to deworm. My stomach's giving me problems again.

There are alot of things you can try. Tea with cloves in it helps. Eating tons of plain pineapple and papayas.