Why doesnt anyone ever chat in live chat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenaw70, Mar 18, 2006.

1. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

There is a good chat room for use but noone is ever in it!

Lena
  2. shep

shep New Member

I use to chat a lot in the room about a year ago.

It got to where they were forming "cliques" or I felt that way. I would sit for an hour and not have anything to say and the would be about 10 or 15 chatters.

I am always up late from midnight to early a.m. hours ..can't sleep. I would love to have someone to chat with at that time.
    Also, this is just my opinion. The chatters dwelt on what meds they were on and how bad the hurt and so forth. I got to where I was depressed.
    I wanted to chat about each other and make friends, and find out about hobbies and places we had been...you know a place to "get away from our illnes and pain.

Let me know if you are up at that time and would like to chat.
    Shep
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

I go to the chat room quite often-I work odd hours...LOL.

It is great I always have a good time and usually feel better soon after I arrive.

I am going there now, you both are more than welcome to join.

Thanks,

Karen
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Love chat flies by way to fast for me to keep up, makes me dizzy....
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i think its in options on chat but you can slow it right down so it doesnt fly up the screen.

lena, i do every now and again. just been busy i guess
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

I would post something and get back a reply of "Cool" or "Great".....over and over again....it just was a bore and a waste of time.

Love the ones on our message boards and I spend enough time reading and researching that I really do not then have time for idle chit chat.

My Nortons virus protection gave me a bug in a security download (no lie) and I was off line for over 3 and a half days.......trying to correct it..could not get online. Now okay and I have a lot to catch up on.......

I do not like IMs either, except for a quick check on something.......same type of answers there also.....
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am in chat almost daily and usually more than 1 time per day. When I am there it ranges from about 2 - 12 people on at a time. The chat room is widely used.
  8. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I tried the chat once, but honestly didn't find it very helpful. I would much rather post here and take my time reading other posts. That way I can gather my thoughts together before I start typing! And, this board moves so fast that it is almost like a chat room!

Take care, Sally
  9. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Chat rooms go to fast for me, I can`t keep up.
  10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Lena,
    I don't use the chat room because, as I have fibro fog, and my hands are also numb, my typing is very bad. I have to spend a lot of time correcting my type-o's and so, by the time my answer is read, people are alsredy on another subject.

Terry
  11. libra55

libra55 New Member

It's too fast and confusing for me. I can't keep up with it.

Michelle
  12. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I like to take my time and by time I type out my answers, they are on a different subject.

Here you can get more answers to your questions.

Halo
  13. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

It depends on how sharp I am mentally, whether I go in, so I can't do it so often. But there is nothing like the feeling of closeness I get talking in real-time to people. I always have fun finding out more about them. :)

If the topic turns heavily to meds or pain or people's grandchildren or something else that I'm not "about" at the moment, I excuse myself and come in later. The users are changing constantly. The topics change too.

If it does get too depressing for me, I find that asking where people are from or asking them about their hobbies can sometimes change the subject and cheer people up. Then we talk about movies and junk, or joke about the weather.

But, like here on the message boards, sometimes venting is the best thing that people really need that day. If it doesn't feel okay to hang around during someone's vent, it's okay to leave.

Chat's fun for me, but, with the fog, I can't do it very much. I love it though. I notice that not so many message board people are chat room people, and vice versa. I do both. :)
  14. splinter

splinter New Member

I chatted a lot last year, usually late at night and early morning. This year when I log in there are only 1 or2 people there. I love the chat. There are others who are experiencing the same things I am, and we have good conversations. No one minds typos. Sometimes I just log in and watch for a few minutes to see what the topic is before I enter the conversation. Wish more people were in there.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2006]