why don't they understand?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Apr 12, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

It is sooooo frustrating tryin to get my doctor and my friends and family to understand when I ain't feelin well which is alot of thr time.All I here is the old get up and do somethin or the ole exercise will make you feel better.When I am in pain and totally wiped out,movin around and doing things is almost impossible.At times I have had to lay down on my side to eat.Just didn't have the energy to even sit up.I feel embarrassed and even lazy but what can I do?
    Anyway, I am gonna try an herbal cleanse.Might have to do it more than once but I'm game.I think my issue is YEAST.All my life I've been on and off antibiotics so I know the yeast factor is a big one.
    Thank God for this site where we all understand having FM&CFS
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

look at my info for families to understang charlene
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have learned to accept the fact that nobody understands unless they too suffer. Instead of getting frustrated (it takes time) just accept them with grace. Do not feel embarrassed or lazy. Exceptance of what you have and what you can still do is alot easier on our bodies then feeling bad about what we have. We have to prove nothing to nobody. Yes we do have to pursue dr.s who don't know much about our disorders and it is draining on us emotionally as well as financially. As with any disease it will be a matter of time for them to realize all the specifics.

Good luck on your cleanse. Remember that you have us and we are the ones who understand. Like you said "Thank God". Pamela
  4. redrock

redrock New Member

Sorry for your problems. Bringing back old memories! I could have written the same post. I'm glad your here because it is true, unless you experience it yourself it is hard to understand. You just have to persivere and don't listen to what anybody else tells you(although hard to do) if you listen to anything, listen to your own body and mind, because your the only one driven your vehicle! For me my vehicle (body) feels like its all rusted up and won't move.

What has helped me is
    1)acceptance- its hard not to be in denial but it is what it is.
    2)change dr. if you have to. Maybe try fms/cfs clinic, pain manag clinic, or different primary dr. (finances might be hard but I have found a thing called Care Credit and my pain management clinic accepts it- it's like a no interest credit card but for medical purposes for any dr. physical thereapy, and so on. A lot of places are set up for it.

Sorry, I know how friends and family will say just do this and just do that, but you have to do for yourself, because they really don't understand. Also, it is hard not to feel guilty. You shouldn't!!!! Hope things get better for you.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Poeticbobbi:

I do the same thing. I do things when I can and if I can not I just do not do them.

I always believe that rest is helpful and good nutrition.

Please do not feel 'embarrassed and even lazy'.

It is just the nature of the disease.

nyrofan
  6. Engel

Engel New Member

... THEY DON'T GOT IT ;-)

I go through the same stuff hun ... it is typical.
  7. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

Yeah, all my friends think I should spend a ton on the 'power therapies' and that I should be doing Reiki, TAT, accupressure, accupuncture, ect.

I'm so sick today I don't even dare drive.